View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 05:41 AM
BLK 6050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not too sure what point you are trying to make with this thread. Most, if not all American cars have had foreign parts in them for many years, so that is not news. It's all a part of the "global economy" that any first year economics student should be very familiar with. While I will not argue the pros and cons of out sourcing, it is fact that it has became a huge part of manufacturing...good or bad.
Personally, I feel that is is not so much were the parts are produced or the vehicle is assemblied, but where the money ultimately goes. And, in the case of DODGE...it comes to American (yes, there is the Fiat portion, but it's still American in everything but upper managment and funding...but that's a whole different subject). So I really don't have any issues with my Challenger being built North of the border, and the engine being built South of the border. (Although, it would means jobs for Americans if the plant was down here...again, another subject). Just as long as the build quality is present.....I have no issues with the above. Bottomline, I am enjoying my new Challenger and it's about as American as the original in both looks and concept (unlike the new and now discontinued Pontiac GTO, which was nothing like the original). And, in case you have forgotten.....the Musclecar was an American idea....