View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Cuda340

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ronnie Sox Memorial Web Site

A few weeks ago, I visited the Ronnie Sox Memorial web site and left the following message on its guestbook page:

"Ronnie Sox was my idol as a teenager. I have fond memories of going to the Atco Dragway with my Chevy friend and watching him do battle with his arch enemy, Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins and his 1970 Camaro. It was because of Ronnie's influence that I bought a 1971 340 'Cuda as my first performance car. I am still a MOPAR guy and drive a 2009 Challenger SRT 8 (Hemi-powered, of course)."

To my surprise, a received a very warm response from Diane Sox, the widow of Ronnie Sox. I thought that i would share it with you guys:

Tom,

I wanted to write and thank you for taking the time to post your memories of Ronnie on his guestbook. It's fans like you that warm my heart because Ronnie literally lived to race and for his fans, and I enjoyed watching him bask in his glory every minute because he so deserved it as he touched many people's lives and he definitely earned his legacy. Funny you speak of his "arch" enemy Bill Jenkins. Yes, on the race track they were fierce competitors but off the best of friends. Bill and Linda Vaughn along with Buddy Martin have been truly wonderful friends to me as well. I am so happy to know that Ronnie too touched your life. Again, thank you for making my evening reading your wonderful remarks about the "love of my life" and the best to you and yours always.

Warm regards,

Diane

Diane Sox
President
RONNIE SOX FOUNDATION