Old 10-31-2006, 11:34 AM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whoa, man!

it just seems like the two of you are bickering, and if im not mistaken, im seeing alot of google knowledge, and with it, some misinformation. i mean no offense to either of the combatants here, but i will give my two cents and hopefully clear up some mistakes. i dont not believe that the Evolution has ever had AWS...although the VR-4 galant and 3KGT did...but perhaps i missed the point about that. but alot of the points that are being made here are avoiding me...i seem to also recall that mitsubishi had problems with their AWS system, and in the end, they were only trying to copy what prince was accomplishing with the skylines

i shoudl point out that my stratus has the 6g72 (3.0L mitsu engine) and my car is basically a 3g eclipse with a different body. everything else, including the interior, os for most part the same. i bought my car on a monday in late june. four days later my car took 2nd place in a bracket class on the drag strip. about a week later, i had it on an autocross course. car and driver commented that the stratus "would use every bit of the 145mph speedometer" and the next day, i proved that they were right. my point is that my car has been by no means babied, and while i take good care and do alot of preventative maint. to my car, it has been driven hard since day one. at 55,000(ish) miles i changed the rotors and rear pads for the first time, and ive had 4 sets of front pads, as well as four sets of tires. the ONLY "problem" that i have had is creaky motor mounts, but i have swapped to solid mounts. i hear these complaints from people who have had problems with mitsu products, but i ran a mitsu forum, and own a mitsu product, and a friend of mine has a base model DSM that we got into the 14s with ONLY nitrous, on a bone stock 4 cylinder engine with 170,000 miles on it...i just dont see these problems. i also have a 52" mitsubishi HDTV, and i love it.

as for the VQ series, while it is a good engine in stock form, it does not take well to modifications without internal modification.

in 1991, like the rest of the 2-eye foxes, the base model got a 4 cylinder...and there was no V6 offered from the end of the 4-eye cars until the introduction of the sn95.

if kelly is talking about the same lambo -v- evo8 piece that i am thinking of, which was shown on top gear, it was a bit of a joke. the Evo used for that test was not the USDM Evo8, but instead the FQ-400, which boasts an additional 123hp, and it is just shy of a street legal car car. also, the lambo spun coming out of a turn late in the "Race", which any trained driver simply wouldnt do...top gear has a way of making cars look good, and making some cars look bad. also, i wouldnt call the nearing 40,000 USD price bargain basement. compared to a lambo, yes...compared to a lightly modded MCS (which can compete with the evo8), not at all.