View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 03:19 AM
stevelegel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woodward dream cruise 2012

I am arranging another Challenger group meeting for this year's Dream Cruise. Same format as last 2 years.

The Beth El Church is on Normandy (13 1/2 Mile Rd.) in Royal Oak MI. It is on the west side of Woodward, and the property backs up to a grassy area right on Woodward Ave for cruise watching!

I am trying to secure a guest speaker for Friday night (night before the Cruise), and have been asked for a head count. PLEASE post a reply or email so I can continue my recruitment of a Friday night speaker.

I'll arrange a group Cruise for Thursday after the speaker, and one on Saturday morning and on early afternoon Saturday.

Bring your own stuff...cooler, lawn chair, water, sunblock etc. I am unsure of canopy. Plenty of food vendors and restaurants within walking distance if you want. Open alcohol is frowned upon...bring coozies and solo cups.

We will be at 13 1/2 mile rd...the Big Dodge exhibit is at 13 Mile Rd (1/2 mile easy walk)

No real cost, but we do pass the hat to make contribution to the Church. Typical Woodward parking is $40.00 to $100.00 per day.

this is a great set up, and a great way to get together and see Woodward, especially if it's your first time.

Out of towners can contact me for help with Local arrangements.

Wed Aug 15 set up in evening

Thursday Aug 16 maybe early cruiise watching

Friday Aug 17 guest speaker 6:00 PM???

Sat Aug 18 CRUISE early as 8:00 AM