Old 11-03-2006, 02:39 PM
kelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I found a 1970 Dodge Challenger in a local junk yard, how rare is it?

Sabre979! Sweet Find! I keep my eyes opened for things like that all the time, hoping MY challenger will be found! As far as it being a big block car, I wouldn't cross my fingers (I will have an article on kellyscars.net posted on the R/T SE that got away from me), but nowadays, anything is fair game ( Like the Phoenican Hemi 'Cuda Convertible that was "destroyed" in 1975...). The reason why I would be skeptical is because even though it might have the bumblebee stripe, R/T accounterments and so forth, keep in mind that these cars were from the seventies-They survived the seventies, and went through the musclecar craze of the eighties (hmmm, like today...). It could be a real deal legit R/T. The first thing you want to do, if you can get past the fence and risk breaking and entering, is get the vin.

Good Luck! As far as rarity is concerned, I want to say that about 40,000 Challengers were built in 1970. I could be wrong here, though!

Kelly