Old 11-06-2006, 04:36 PM
lear4406

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 440 power!!

O.K. heres the skinny on my 240000 mile Dodge Stealth. The engine was rebuilt at 132000 miles by the original owner. I replaced the engine with a J-spec motor at 235000 miles because of a bad wrist pin. The transmission was the original and it pushed the bearing into the case at 238000 miles. And was replaced by a used trans from E-bay for $400. I also put a 6 puch speck 3 clutch with a fidanza fly wheel. I have never had an electrical problem with this car. It has the original computer in it. I have replaced the wheels and tires with Cobra R replica 18 x9s. I did all the wrench work myself so I did'nt have to pay for the labor. The car is extremly reliable and is a daily driver. My sons car with 230000 miles has only had the Trans replaced along with the clutch. Samething broke on his as mine. The trans seem to break through the casing at about 220000 to 230000 miles. The heads were rebuilt and a new timing belt installed. It still has the same short block that came with it new. I feel these cars are really great cars but routine maintenance is a must. I run this car hard sometimes but mostly it is driven at speed limits. This car is my daily driver and I put over 200 miles a week on her. But I can only attest to what I have expirenced. I'm sure others have had some that were not as good. But if I get the same reliability from the 2008 Challenger as I have from this car I will be happy. Ya'll have a nice day and take it easy. Randy.