Old 11-07-2006, 02:17 AM
Mopar_Nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ...

Randy- Thats pretty impressive mileage for the tranny. Maybe (probably) the manuals last longer than the autos? Either way, the transmissions in those cars is definitely their achilles heel. I too am a big believer in maintenance. Give me any piece of crap and I can make it run forever. I heard once that 90% of vehicles on the road do not get the proper maintenance. I have had no probs with my Ram cause I am very good at keeping it maintained (I work in a shop). I failed to mention that my Stealth was a salvage vehicle and that could very well be why it was such a money pit. Supposedly, it was stolen in 1991, stripped, and then rebuilt over 3 years by a mechanic (some panels had red paint under the blue paint) and then sold to the guy I bought it from. I bought it with just over 24,000 miles (but who knows if it was the original engine or even if the odometer was correct) and got rid of it when it was in the mid 90,000 range.

I would definitey get another one, preferably a low mileage TT that has been sitting in some rich guy's garage for the past decade and a half! But now that this new Challenger is coming out............................[sm=yeahsmile.gif]