View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 06:33 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bush to meet with auto industry CEOs

I'm going to try to keep my remarks as contiversey free as possible, while addressing the subject. I read in a magazine either Time or Newsweek that the Japanese don't pay as much for employee health care plans to per U.S. worker as the Big Three do. They need to take a look at what the Japanese are doing different with their U.S. worker benefits. If the Big Three would have spent their incentives and rebate $$$ on making the cars more attractive in the first place, they might be able to charge more and might not be in trouble now.

I'm tired of hearing the Big Three always whine about everything except for the thing that they have control over. They whine about its because of high fuel prices, its because of high health insurance, its because Satan has a crystal ball and is turtoring us. The problem is plain and simple, they are losing sales because they got lazy and didn't offer comparable products that competed in all necessary categories (performance, interior, fuel mileage, etc.). That is what the problem is, these other things are symtoms.

I am tired of hearing people whine about the cost of health insurance but they don't want to take the steps to lowering the cost.
1. they need to add caps on these lawsuits brought up against doctors. That drives up their insurance which drives up our insurance because they then need to charge us to over come their prices.
2. Hosiptals need to figure out a way to get rid of mouchers. A friend of mine works over at one of the big hospitals in St. Louis and he tells me about all kinds of stories about how these foolish people will call an ambulance over a simple head ache. Then after they are in the emergency room and the headache was solved with an aspirin, they refuse to pay their bills. So to off set those expenses, they have to charge more to the insurance companies because otherwise they will go under.

There are other suggestions I have but those would probably cause some big fights so I'm going to keep them to myself.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts