View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 12:52 PM
rescueone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1971 Challenger R/T

I am in the process of potentially acquiring a '71 Challenger R/T VIN# JS23.... so it is in fact a legit R/T. I have looked the vehicle over once. Breifly inspecting the interior and the exterior. The interior is as original as it appears but I am not 100% sure on that. The exterior still has the R/T emblems attatchad and is in Go Mango the original paint. There are of course blemishes mainly a cracked paint bubble near the right front hood pin and bubbleing near the right rear window on the qt panel. I have not yet looked at the undercariage or the floor boards but from looks it seems to be a solid car. MY MAIN CONCERN is price and engine. the vin code tells me that this vehicle should have had the 383 in it originally. The hood scoop proudly displays 440 Magnum and the engine is indeed a 440, not sure if it is the six-pack or a magnum heck im not sure to be frank what the difference of those two are anyway. I have been told that the owner beleives that the original 727 tranny is in it, but that has not yet been verified.

SO TO THE QUESTIONS?

1. where to I find the engine code that would match or not match the cars vin?
2. Same with the tranny?
3. The price on the car is $5,000.00 is this worth it even without matching numbers on engine and tranny?

I will be going to look at the car again tomorrow and have some pics diplayed for you all to look at..