View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 12:17 PM
kelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: buying a corvette...

That's a great chart Miradaman! The Evo is a great idea though. That concept has been tested, tried, and proven time and time again...For example, Renault (yes, THAT Renault) took the Le Car and made the R5, which was a holy terror on the streets. Our own SRT-4 is proof of the entry-level turned street machine concept.
Another car worthy of mention is the G35 and 350Z. The VQ-series engine is a great power plant, and has the most unique exhaust notes EVER.
I really got sold on the G35 yesterday, though. I was racing home on the 202 loop from Sky Harbor airport (forgot my security badge). So I am pulling about 110-115. A Pearl White beauty was pulling on me like I was nothing. I couldn't get from fifth to sixth without hitting my rev limiter. He was still pulling away from me! It was a six speed car (the plate said 6MT!), and guy knew what the hell he was doing. I have never had a car pull on me like that thing! It wouldn't be that spectacular, but I'm on my bike!!!!!
Instead of spending $50K on a new Challenger, I would take a '70 or '71 Carcass and dump the money in that to make a resto rod with a modern drivetrain and suspension!
Later