View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 08:46 AM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: buying a corvette...

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Alright, I prefer the looks of the Charger but before the Charger came out, I really liked the looks of the 300C. Just realize that you have somewhat proven my point though. Your willing to pay more just over styling. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, I'm just saying people buy a car based on what they value more than the price of the car itself.

I agree the 300 is one of the best looking sedans in the world. The 300 has a lot of performance potiential. Out of curosity, what would make you choose the Evo over the 300?
first, the transmission.

second, the engine series. the 4g63 has been used for a LONG time, and although it has had its problems, it is a great engine with literally endless aftermarket. ive seen a 4g63 with stock bore and stroke, running a ton of boost, NON intercooled, in a lightened up 2g eclipse run 6.90s @ 200+ mph...[8D]

kelly, what kind of bike do you have? i agree that the VQ is a great engine series, but they squeezed so much out of it that to make more power it takes alot of effort, and they respond poorly to simple modifications. however, they do have a very interesting exhaust tone. if it had a back seat, i would consider a Z car.

jdb, i also know some guys who have gotten HUGE gains out of ported stock heads, a big cam, and bolt ons...and while chevy engines may not be the most durable, small block chevy parts are a dime a dozen. and, as many of you know, i run alot of forums...here, people say that gm engines arent reliable...at other sites, they say the same thing about Dodge motors...its all a matter of opinion because everyone knows someone who has had bad experiences with something.