View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 12:52 PM
lear4406

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Headers for 340 engine

A good place to look would be Jegs catalog or Summit. I would look at thickness of the metal and if it offers a coating. Such as high temp paint or my preferance Ceramic Coating. The coating will protect the headers after they heat and cool a few times and burn off the cheap coating. Also the ceramic coating will push the heat through your headers and under hood temps will be reduced. A cooler intake charge will increase horsepower and economy. All will fit well just try to get a good deal and a pair that will last a while. They are aggrevating to put on so I like to do it only once. Use locktite on your bolts and go back after they have heated and cooled and retorque. Use a varing degree of torque to snug them down and start from the middle and work your way out. You will want them to seal. They sound awful when they leak. But the performance gain and sound of a smallblock mopar with headers is real cool. I would also go with a 2 1/2 " exhaust system with either flowmasters or dynomax mufflers. They sound baaaaadddd and tell the world this is one bad boy. Hope this helps. By the way I used headman headers and they worked great. Take care, Randy.