View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 12:47 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ford bites Bullitt with fresh 'Stang

I really think it is silly to charge so much money for the Bullitt package when they do little to modify it. Granted it has special interior improvements, but I mean really why not offer a serious power boost. How about they offered the 325 hp version in this instead of the Shebly model. 10hp isn't even noteworthy at this level.

I thought I read somewhere that they had decided to keep the explosive coffin-on-wheels, oops I mean the Lincoln Town Car. I hope they solved the problem that they had with the smaller version of that joint venture V8. It had serious issues in the 1996-1999 SHO. They need to look into offering a turbo or supercharged version of the V8 as well if they want to compete.

Here is something that is bugging me. Why does Lincoln make a full-sized truck when the truck segment is losing popularity, instead of making their own luxurious version of the Mustang. They could take the mustang, give it a higher tech suspension, a more refined and higher tech powertrain, give it classier interior, and the works. Then they would have a model that could compete against BMWs and Mercedes in terms of performance and luxury. If they did the styling corectly (which they are getting worse about in the Lincoln division), this could be a good seller.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts