Old 12-14-2006, 02:24 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Motor Trend article suggests no V6 for challenger

joeyr, I saw that article. Take what they say with a grain of salt. It was either them or C&D that said the Charger would not have an SRT-8 model. Now I won't doubt that the LX based platforms cost more (remember who originally designed them), but I agree with the theory that the Challenger could cannibalize the Charger's sales. I also was originally wanting a Charger until they announced the Challenger concept.

In my opinion, they never should have used the LX based platform for the Challenger anyways. I've also thought this way about the LX used in the Charger as well. Since the Challenger is not meant to be a tank-strength, luxury car, I don't know why they need a tank-strength, luxury car platform. If you ask me they should have taken the LH platform, updated it and increased the size of the engine bay.

Awsure, remember that the 2.7L is actually for fleets and not normal sales. Also it would be better not to have a V6 option than to have the 2.7L as the V6 (no power, runs like a I4 without the power or fuel economy of one, no reliability-the most unreliable engine Chrysler currently makes, if not the most unreliable in their history-, need I say more?). The lowest the 3.5L is sold in the LX cars is at $22,990.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts