View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 09:14 AM
blueshawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Competition to Lower Prices?

I miss my 70 Chevelle SS 396, 4-speed. I had to sell it 32 years ago because I needed a family car. Now I'm impatiently waiting for the Challenger. I think the younger guys now have a chance to enjoy what I did, "living in the muscle car era". Back then I didn't really know how special that time was and now there appears to be a chance to relive it in the next few years. I don't want to miss out.

Competition is always a good thing. Ford will be a strong competitor and I hope GM is too. DCX has an opportunity to take it's renowned muscle car status and profit from it. To profit from it they must sell more cars. Which means I hope that DCX will make what is ordered from the dealers and not limit production. I may be wrong but I believe DCX doesn't profit from the stealers marking-up prices and pocketing the profits.

The US car industry is on the ropes and if it doesn't make changes it may never recover. It won't help to piss off potential buyers by their dealers ripping them off. They need to produce reliable cars and give good service. I have 3 Toyota's in the driveway now with all over 100,000 miles on them and I expect them to last another 100,000. Great cars and great customer service from the dealership.

The new muscle car era has awakened my lust for an American car. I hope the US car makers don't blow it!