Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Detroit Auto Show

US: Ford Interceptor concept to debut at Detroit

By Glenn Brooks
2 January, 2007
Source: Automotive World

Ford Division will give the Interceptor concept its world premiere at the Detroit motor show on 7 January.

The four-door Interceptor uses the architecture of the Ford Mustang and is powered by a 400hp (298kW) version of Ford Racing's 'Cammer' 5.0 litre V8 which has been modified to run on E85 ethanol. Drive is to the rear wheels via a six-speed manual gearbox.

Inside, black leather and contrasting metal finishes feature heavily. The dashboard, headliner and thick steering wheel are leather-covered, while the concept's four low-backed bucket seats are wrapped in thick black belt leather with exposed-edge seams and contrasting caramel stitching.

The head restraints deploy from the ceiling and adjust fore and aft, as well as up and down for each occupant, while the audio control panel and climate controls are also stowable when not in use.

The concept incorporates Ford's patented four-point safety belt design in all four seats, with inflatable seatbelts in the rear. Volvo has also shown four point harnesses in its own concept cars in recent years but so far, neither it, nor any other OEM has put them into production.

The Interceptor is 5,121mm long, 1,941mm wide and 1,392mm high. It sits on a 3,068mm wheelbase, which compares to the 3,048mm measurement for the otherwise similarly sized Dodge Charger, the most logical rival for any future Interceptor production version.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.