View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 01:06 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Toyota FT-HS

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I am sure too much.

One thing about electric cars is their take off. When you push the pedal, you get maximum current into the motor windings and get maximum torque instanteously.

There is none of this fluid being pumped from one end of the car to another then the delay of being sprayed in an intake where is is sprayed and distributed, the gasoline
has to explode evenly and push some eight massive pistons to turn a crank shaft then into a gear box. There is just this massive delay from foot pedal till the quarter mile ends. Then you have the RPM vs horsepower torque curves and have to have a matching transmission to handle the engines varying torque vs rpm issue.

Electric motors have none of those issues.
That is why they use these electric/magnetic coil systems for some theme park rides. The Mr. Freeze uses such a system (I'm afraid I don't know of anyother examples). I think my father told me that they are using the electric/magnetic coil system on aircraft carriers to help bring the jets up to speed as they launch them.

The problem with these systems are they are extremely expensive to build, they wear out quickly, the batteries loss their ability to hold a charge after a while, and if the battery packs are damaged in an accident, the car can electrify.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts