Old 01-12-2007, 08:56 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crazy Enough For You? Viper Boosted to 600 HP

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

Does this wreak of an insidious plot to create a void in the 500hp range that DCX may have to fill with a 6.6 litre Hemi in the Challenger - without threatening the status of the company's muscle-car flagship?
I'm drooling already, as is my insurance agent - I'm sure.

Can't see GM making the 2009 Camaro with as many or more ponies than the 'Vette as a response.....doesn't make sense. Looks like the groundwork is laid for them to yank the current powerplant out of the Z06 'Vette, drop it in the Camaro, and build something newer, bigger, and badder for their two seater.

Seems to me like another salvo's been fired in the escalating "muscle-car wars".
Take shelter, wait for a break in the shelling, and get ready to empty your piggy banks!
I'm looking forward to seeing how GM is going to respond to all of this. They are already working on a "Blue Devil" SS model which is supposed to produce 650hp. I wouldn't be surprised either way on the Challenger. It is just as likely that they could offer it as it wouldn't. I'm not going to get my hopes up is all I have to say.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts