View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 03:11 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: American Carmakers Look for Loyalty

I knew which brand I wanted when I bought my Intrepid. The Olds Ciera had too many problems. I was burned out on GM. There was nothing they made that I really wanted besides a 98 or new Grand Prix but those were too expensive and I wanted to get away from GM (I thought for good considering we have had 5 out of 7 GM products were lemons).

The only Ford model I considered was a used Thunderbird, but I decided against it because I needed something that would do good in the snow plus the only model I would consider was the 5.0L model because I don't trust the modular engine and I hate the 3.8L after seeing and hearing about how they didn't last. There was a 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 5-speed for sale in my hometown. I didn't consider it at first until I learned that the owner was someone I knew kept very good care of it. By then, it was sold. If I had known sooner, my title name on DF would also by RLSH700 instead of 97 3.5 Intrepid since I would have that instead. I liked the Mustang but it wasn't comfortable. I'd get a T-Bird before I'd get a Mustang. I hated the Probe.

I didn't consider any Japanese cars since there wasn't anything that caught my eye other than the Eclipse which I would rather just have the Chrysler models since the closest Mitsubishi dealership was 44 miles away. This is what I was considering.

Dodge Avenger 2.0L I4 5-speed
Eagle Talon ESi 2.0L NA 5-speed
Eagle Vision TSi 3.5L V6

At first I really didn't want an Intrepid since I liked the Eagle division better, but they were too hard to find. I wasn't even considering the Intrepid until I found this one and I fell in love with it. I'm happy with my decision. I am loyal to Chrysler Group vehicles because my family has had good luck with their cars. I have some loyality to the Big Three; however, if they don't make a product that I like, I will shop elsewhere. So far, the only company that isn't making one product that I would buy is currently Ford.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts