View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Ford Mustang Spy Shots

Interesting spy shots....

2009 Ford Mustang Spy Shots

There is no doubt that Ford will quickly answer the muscle challenge of the forthcoming Chevrolet Camaro and the Dodge Challenger, as some sources have already discovered some upcoming changes to the current Ford Mustang design. A few spy shots captured by KGP photography over at WindingRoad show us a glimpse of a test car, still wearing some camouflage on the roadway. This is the first time the prototype has been spotted in public, so it's interesting to catch a glimpse of what Ford has in store for the next generation Ford Mustang.

The cosmetic changes that Ford has applied to this test version seem to hint strongly at the Giugiaro Mustang Concept we saw at SEMA late last year. As you can see in the images below, there are some strong similarities between the test car and the Giugiaro, with the hoodline showing some greater curvature, along with a wheel arch following suit, but mostly covered by the camouflage. Some sharper lines are also applied, giving the prototype a more angled and detailed visage.

Back in SEMA 2006, the debut of the Giugiaro Mustang Concept might have had a bigger impact in Motor City than some realized. While the idea that the concept car itself could have been taken that it was the next Ford Mustang, it's not likely. However, as we see here, several design cues seem to have been adopted and put into development. Perhaps these cues were already in the works prior to SEMA....

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/41F4C23BFCC84B238D609E678CF667F2.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.