Old 02-12-2007, 06:09 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge Demon Roadster Concept – Simple soul, artful attitude make for radical results

Although chances are I wouldn't own one (since the Miata makes me feel closterphobic), I still say they should make it. The Solistice and Sky have been selling very well. I like the way this car looks. Although I'm not thrilled about them only having I4s for the powertrain without a V6 option, it will still give the Miata and the Solistice/Sky a run for its money. Good job DCX if you produce it. This car will also help Dodge to recapture the younger enthusiast crowd which they need to survive.

I just got done talking about this at DF and there are some that are not thrilled about them naming it the Demon because they think it tarnishes the Demon's heritage. I don't have a problem with it because in my eyes this is a modern interpretation of the Demon (cheap performance). I just think the name may not work because most people who remember the Demon will most likely not want a tuna can-sized two-seater roadster, and the Demon name was dropped the first time because of religious reasons. I would have gone with the trendier sounding name the Razor. Since products such as the Motorola Razr have made the name be associated with being compact and good-looking, it can't hurt to give it that name.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts