View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DaimlerChrysler to exit Iran

Gosh, I certainly would.

DaimlerChrysler to exit Iran
The No. 5 auto maker will divest it's Mercedes distributor, reacting to pressure to not to do business in Iran, a magazine reports.

February 12 2007: 12:48 PM EST
FRANKFURT (Reuters) -- DaimlerChrysler intends to divest its majority stake in the company that is its exclusive distributor for Mercedes-Benz vehicles in Iran, Germany's WirtschaftsWoche magazine reported on its Web site.

"The group is reacting to the growing pressure that the United States is applying on companies that do business in Iran," the magazine said Monday, without giving a source for its information.

It said DaimlerChrysler would sell its 51 percent stake in marketing group Setareh in the next few weeks.

DaimlerChrysler, the world's fifth-biggest car maker thanks to the 1998 merger of Germany's Daimler-Benz with U.S. automaker Chrysler, declined comment.

Washington has been stepping up pressure on Iran, which it accuses of harboring ambitions to develop nuclear weapons. Iran insists its nuclear energy program is for peaceful purposes.

Shares of DaimlerChrysler (down $0.31 to $63.78, Charts) fell less than 1 percent in midday trading on the New York Stock Exchange. Shares of rival automakers GM (down $0.13 to $35.88, Charts), Ford (down $0.05 to $8.68, Charts), and Toyota (down $0.09 to $131.97, Charts) were little changed
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.