Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Color dislike

Old 08-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Color dislike

Frankie3521, no need to get testy. I know Jeremiah and he was not doing that to be rude, you mistook him was all. As for this discussion, remember most of those are photo chop pictures; therefore, those are not pictures taken of the Challenger in production black. I have only seen the Challenger in the concept color so far that wasn't a photo chop; therefore, do not get too concerned about some of these pictures because they are not necessarily official. Also remember that some cars (and colors) that look terrible in photos but look excellent in person and other look good in photos and bad in person, then other cars are just plain ugly either way (ex. Toyota Prius, Pontiac Aztek, etc.).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-28-2007, 03:47 PM

I don't believe this car has been photoshopped or anything..there where other views of it and I have seen it numerous times on google. I just hope that it doesn't really look like that in person..
Old 08-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks RLSH700.

Frankie3521...I was just kidding. We try to be a friendly bunch here. If I was sitting in the same room. I would have asked you the same
question but smiling while I said it.

FYI - I am currently planning on getting a shiny black Challenger myself but what goes in the engine compartment will be "bad to the bone".

Enjoy the forum.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Okay then, would you provide either a link or embed a picture to what you are referring to so then I can better understand what you are unsatisfied with?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-28-2007, 04:42 PM

The links are in the original post RLSH, move your cursor over the "this" and such words.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:03 PM

Hi Frankie3521 - Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're referring to photos of the test models they are driving around Detroit. Personally, I don't think those are refined colors at all. Color is last thing they are concerned with for the test cars. I'm guessing the final production cars will offer one or two retro colors (orange, green, purple, etc.) along with the traditional black, silver, red, white, etc. (similar to the Charger). If that black on the test models is going to be a production color also, I would call it gun-metal black...not my first choice either!
Old 08-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, now I found it, thank you. I did not notice the link earlier. I'm fine with that shade of black. My advice is if you don't like Black, get a different color as long as they don't use that stupid old quote from Henry Ford about having any color they want the car to be as long as it is black. My father always says when he hears that quote "that pretty much explains why Ford has the problems that they do today."

Okay back to the topic, I guess you have seen one in person to determine that it isn't just the photo is not doing justice for the Challenger. That appears to be a heavily modified model like the SEMA one. There are many things about this that are probably not going to see in the production model. I personally wouldn't worry about it. Do you like the shade of black used on any other Chrysler models?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-29-2007, 01:43 PM

I think black on Chargers look fine, but that looks completely different IMO.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

If I was going to make a wager on it, I would bet that the black used on the Charger would most likely be used for the Challenger. Like I said, that Challenger hardly looks stock.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-30-2007, 06:28 AM

That Challenger is hardly stock. I believe the topic on this car is on other parts of the forum. This car was brought out by Chrysler that basically has only the body from the concept and everything else is different. Yes, here it is:

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/m_14902/tm.htm

For the looks and the sounds of this car, it truely is pathetic. In other words, it looks and sounds better then it really is. It doesn't move like it should, etc, etc. It's kind of like Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds, the second one not the original. I mean that is one nice looking car, Eleanor that is, the only problem with it is they slapped on fiberglass Japanese parts to an American muscle car. This isn't quite as bad as that, but it's still taking a very nice body and heavily modifying everything that will probably never show up on the original, and that more than likely includes the color. This car is just for show, nothing really more then that.

Quick Reply: Color dislike