Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/appearance-13/)
-   -   RT or SRT (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/appearance-13/rt-srt-367/)

dodgebrothers 02-27-2008 12:21 PM

RE: RT or SRT

I will end up buying the SRT but wish they had just used R/T. The whole car is such a great retro deal, but now with a new monicher?? You'll notice in the concept they always used R/T even though they said it would be a SRT drivetrain.

So be it...

Chris 02-28-2008 04:35 AM

SRT for me. I know the mileage is atrocious, but 425HP to start is wonderful. So, I figure if I drive the Challenger to work 3 days a week and take mass transit two days a week, that averages out to 30 MPG, right? Yes?:D

DSkippy 02-28-2008 05:05 AM

Dodgebrothers....too bad they couldn't to your point place a superscripted small "S" to the left so that it gave the proper appearance to the retro homage, but people could see you had the more potent offering upon closer inspection.

Cuda340 02-28-2008 05:23 AM

I agree that Dodge should have only an R/T model. In the 1970s, an R/T could be a 340, 383, 440, 400 six-pack or a 426. The only reason that we have an SRT model is because Dodge has invested big $$$ to establish this top performance line in the minds of consumers.

RLSH700 02-28-2008 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: dodgebrothers

I will end up buying the SRT but wish they had just used R/T. The whole car is such a great retro deal, but now with a new monicher?? You'll notice in the concept they always used R/T even though they said it would be a SRT drivetrain.

So be it...
I was disappointed by that one as well. In my opinion I think they should have revived the T/A nameplate for what will be the R/T as it is a 345 cubic inch engine (5 cubes up from the 340), and used the R/T on the 6.1L as it produces as much hp as the top Challenger R/T did back in the day, and reserved the SRT badge for a higher performance engine.

stroken56 02-28-2008 02:33 PM

Well shoot. Miz-well say SRT, I ordered one.

[sm=gears.gif]

Jeremiah 29:11 02-28-2008 03:33 PM

Ya, never know what derivative they can up with over the next few years. We might be surprised. Special editions etc..

RLSH700 02-28-2008 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Ya, never know what derivative they can up with over the next few years. We might be surprised. Special editions etc..
Well, I just wish they would just stick with one of those because I get tired of them constantly watering down their badges. The ES badge used to be the top of the line in recent history. The R/T badge used to be rare and equal something than was industry leading. The SRT badge currently holds that status, I just wish they would stick with one and keep it as the best in the industry.

MGDMike 02-29-2008 01:04 PM

Basic economics for me for this decision: I don't make bucko bucks so I have to get an RT. :D

RLSH700 02-29-2008 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: MGDMike

Basic economics for me for this decision: I don't make bucko bucks so I have to get an RT. :D
That may end up determining which model I get in the end as well, though I'm trying to see if I can't afford an SRT.