Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Blurry Headlights

Old 06-18-2018, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blurry Headlights

Hi guys!

I need you because I have to deal with the scourge of all headlights… BLURRY HEADLIGHTS!

I did not pay attention to my headlights and now they are all dirty, I tried cleaning them with toothpaste and a brush as a friend told me but it failed and I really have to get it done: It would be dangerous to drive without them being spotless… any tips? I am getting really desperate…

Also, if anyone knew how to protect my headlights so it does not happen again, I’d love them to share with me!
Old 06-24-2018, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ceatom!
I feel you man, foggy healights are the worst!
A bit of science first, this blur is caused by the damages caused by UV rays on your polycarbonate headlights!
If you want to give them their original look here is how to do it!
  • First clean your healights
  • Use sand paper on them! You want to be extremely methodical. I usually start somewhere around 1000 and end up somewhere between 2500 and 3000. You can damp your sandpaper too, it will be even more effective.
  • Polish (preferably with a polishing machine but you can also do it manually)
Please remember to be patient during the whole process, there is no magic involved here, only hard work!

For protection purposes I suggest you go for a UV sealant or a coating. My detailer applied IGL Coatings Headlights on mine approximately 5 months ago and so far so good!