Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.
Sponsored by CARiD
Click Here

Gauges and Pods

Old 02-25-2010, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauges and Pods

I tretaed myself to a "New Papa" gift and bought some Mopar gauges and the SMS dash pod and found a very rare steering column dual pod hat as well.

I bought an air/fuel gauge (I always like these, even though they serve no purpose on an automatic), oil temp, water temp and Boost/Vac gauge.... woder what that is for hehehe

Old 03-02-2010, 10:44 AM

First off let me say that the SMS dash pod looks great....just wondering how it's mounted (double-sided tape?) and how did you run the "wiring"....
Also, were did you buy the pod, as I thought all the SMS parts were only available as a package. I was thinking at one time about the same Mod, but am still on the fence on this on....
Old 03-02-2010, 01:23 PM

Hasn't arrived yet, but the pod is a seperate part now, seems like most of their parts are available seperately, which is nice, the only issue I have was paying fo rthe gauges that come with it, not that I need extra gauges, so I may just sell them off.

As for mounting, it does require drilling to the dash, but when I looked at the scope of things, I would rather drill and mount on eth dash permenently then run eth risk of a pillar pod that will hurl the gauges at you at velocity speed under the pressure of an airbag in eth even of an accident, and the other issue was haveing 1 side pillar look odd than the reat as they are cloth coverd, soooo