Notices
Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Computer busses on new cars

Old 01-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer busses on new cars

For those interested in the electronic technology that is designed into cars take a look at this diagram.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/BB72496C4F7A463EB12207AB64992688.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:44 PM

Default RE: Computer busses on new cars

Thats pretty cool.. but that's just a very simple way of putting it right?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, Jeremiah, that's pretty cool. Now all we need to is Samuel Jackson to get the car back on line, by hacking the Unix system and to keep the velociraptors in the Trunk!

It's amazing the technology in the modern vehicle.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Car have certainly changed. You used to have a few miles of copper wiring and now it just a big computer network with just a few wires.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

Complex, pretty complex. Funny how things have changed.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Interesting how I never see the Powerblock shows talk about those car/computer networks.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:07 AM

Looks like they will call us drivers "Copperheads" soon because of the comm port in our heads LOL, it wouldn't surprise me if that happens in the future though.
An interesting point for those who travel a toll highway with an easypass or transponder of some sort is the fact that some of the private investors (corporate owners) in these toll roads have asked the car manufacturers to give them the cpu documentation so they can "read" the electronic signature of the cars cpu and send the invoicing directly to the registered owner (talk about privacy issues), law inforcement is also pushing the car makers to open the "back door" to the cpu so they can shut the car down and/or document the speed of the vehicle (through the transponder readers on toll roads) and send a ticket to the owner without having an officer actually clock the cars speed, 1984 is here, Oh Sorry it is 2008 and we have photo radar and red light cameras already.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

They are already accessing cars computers when you have an accident to see how fast you were driving when the accident occurred.

I don't like when they invade into our privacy like that.

Kinda like somebody coming into my house and checking out my computer. Times are certainly changing.