Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

3 Plants are fighting it out to make the Challenger?

Old 07-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 Plants are fighting it out to make the Challenger?

Friday, July 21st, 2006

Three plants in running to make Dodge Challenger

Brampton, Ont. factory a front-runner as it already builds stablemates 300 and Magnum

Friday, July 21st, 2006

By Nicolas Van Praet

DAIMLERCHRYSLER, which is resurrecting the Dodge Challenger for production in 2008, says three of its assembly plants are in the running to make the vehicle and that its Brampton, Ont., facility is not a shoo-in.

Company executives unveiled the Challenger at a flashy event in a mall parking lot in Daytona Beach, Fla., before the Pepsi 400 NASCAR race. Chrysler officials would not give projected sales figures for the vehicle but analysts say they expect a target of 30,000 vehicles a year.

DC's Brampton plant is the logical place to build the car because it will be based on the same LX platform as the Dodge Charger, Magnum and Chrysler 300 models, which are already built there. But that's no guarantee for the Ontario factory, Eric Ridenour, Chrysler's chief operating officer, said.

"We're looking at the competitiveness of our plants, who wants it bad enough," he said.

Chrysler says the Challenger will feature the long hood, short deck, wide stance and two-door coupe-body style that distinguished the iconic Challengers of old. It will compete with Ford's Mustang.

General Motors has not yet formally announced whether it will revive the Camaro.

-- CanWest News Service

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© 2006 Winnipeg Free Press. All Rights Reserved.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Which plant will make the Challenger?

I'm sorry but this looks like a repost of "Which plant will build the Challenger." Again, I'll say I think they should have their own factory to start incase the demand is higher than expected. If it isn't, then they can use it to produce some other vehicles like say a true replacement for the Neon or a real full-sized van instead of that silly Mercedes Sprinter.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Yes the post title was the same but I have now changed it, however the articles are different.

Thanks for being observant.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Sure thing. I hope whichever plant gets it is the plant that has the most dedicated workers so then we can have the best build quality.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, the last thing I want is a buggy car.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

I've heard the factory that builds the Viper has poor build quality. I hope they don't get the Challenger. The best selection would probably be a factory that builds the LX cars due to the similarity.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts