Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Am I paranoid?

Old 02-28-2007, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I paranoid?

With all this talk of job cuts, plants closing, potential selling, etc.... has anybody noticed there is no longer any mention of the Challenger being given the green light on the dodge.com website? Should this be a source of concern given the potential shaky future of Chrysler? Or is there a chance it could now be in jeopardy?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Default RE: Am I paranoid?

...and it wasnt shown at the auto show this year..[&o]

i had a look around quickly...here is something from the dodge site..

http://www.dodge.com/dodge_life/index.html

so its good that there is still images and mention of it...but i know what you mean. for a long time, it was on the home page...

i do understand your concern...i dont know whats going to happen. hell, ive been eyeing up an 04 cobra at a local dealership...[&:]
Old 02-28-2007, 12:07 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

i do understand your concern...i dont know whats going to happen. hell, ive been eyeing up an 04 cobra at a local dealership...[&:]
SAY WHHHHAAAAAAAAAA[8D]

What is wierd, is I had a dream the other night. Remember dreams are freakin wierd anyways. But I lived across the street from a Dodoge dealer(not true in real life) and watched them roll in a few Challenger. I said F my mustang I am trading in, even with the work I have done to it. And my car was worth 10,000 more than I owed so a good down payment(ALSO NOT TRUE). Then I started the process of putting all the OEM components back on, then I woke up. Realized it was a dream and also realized, I couldn't trade in if I wanted because of other financial circumstances in my life.

Now with all that is going on, I still am glad I got my stang. Becuase I would have hated to wait, and nothing happen. I would be irritated and felt I wasted a few years of not having some sort of fun car. []
Old 02-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Administrator

i couldnt wait...and i started looking at camaros early last summer...amanda put a stop to that by getting me the demon...

i dont think that i would buy a used terminator...but ive been looking at this one for a few weeks now. last time that i went by, it wasnt where it had been, so maybe it sold. i also dont think that i would pay the price that a used cobra fetches...especially for a car that has likely been ridden hard and put away wet...

but you heard it...im an accountant by education.."plan for the worst, hope for the best"...and in planning for the worst, i keep telling amanda that a corvette will be almost as fun as a challenger...[&o]
Old 02-28-2007, 01:07 PM

Correction Pat. The Challenger Super Stock WAS at the Chicago auto show. Don't lose hope you guys, They'll build'em!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Administrator

i meant the auto show in detroit..

there was no mention of it what-so-ever...
Old 02-28-2007, 02:21 PM

Please don't bust my bubble cause I will NOT buy a ford and I will NOT buy a chevy.[:'(]
Old 02-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Not seeing the Challenger at the 2007 Auto show doesn't surprise me as, it has already been around the country.
Once they have available a production car version(Chicago show) then we'll see it again.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not going to get worked up about anything I can't control until I have solid proof of anything to the contrary otherwise. I don't need anyother stressers right now.

Also those low quality photos I posted about a month ago were taken by my brother who was at the St. Louis autoshow. I'm not worry...yet.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-28-2007, 11:08 PM

I felt the same way I went to the dodge website and didnt see it on the front page, I was concerned. I feel they have to if only to appease the mopar fans who were disappointed with a four door charger. Which makes me wonder cosnidering the popularity of the challenger will the "next" charger have more of a literal retro theme. However, if they dont make this car, I am pretty sure they DCX will lose quite of few customers for life.