Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Brawn Without Brains: Once Again, Detroit Tries to Move Forward by Looking Backward

Old 12-06-2007, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brawn Without Brains: Once Again, Detroit Tries to Move Forward by Looking Backward

Amen. Great post Lear.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Brawn Without Brains: Once Again, Detroit Tries to Move Forward by Looking Backward

ORIGINAL: stevelegel

He's not a car guy. So how does he end up writng an automotive article?
Steve
Why does Truck Trend hire people who loathe diesels to review trucks with diesels and complain not only that the diesels should have more gasoline engine characteristics and make snide remarks about people who own them? Why does C&D hire people who are more concerned about cup holders and the ease of entry and exit of a supercar than who is actually better all around?

The press in general is out of touch. What they like tends to stink and what is actually good they hate. Lear, you hit the nail right on the head. Americans are not practical, why would we want to change. We have larger TVs, more media, more music, larger stereos, larger speakers, better computers, larger houses, and countless other things than what we actually need. It's called freedom and he can kiss the sole of my smelly foot if he thinks I'm going to live 100% practically. How would he like it if I did an audit on how he is wasteful in certain ways as people like this tend to be hypocrites. He probably drives a hybrid Lexus SUV.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

There will a always be nostalgic because of generations gone by.

I am sure some day somebody will want to buy a Crossfire retro because he loved his when he was a teenager.

I certainly could have written a better article than that.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

I think a person who fell asleep on the keyboard could write a better article than that loser.

You're probably right though. I have a feeling that the models that aren't selling now will become collector's items. The Charger Daytona was considered to be ugly and weird in its day, heck some dealers were unable to sell the darn things, now people will empty their live savings on one.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts