Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Challenger Commercial ?

Old 09-14-2008, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger Commercial ?

Has any one seen a new Challenger Commercial on TV yet?
I think it would be neet to have the two good old boys that were in the yellow Duster that was in the truck commerical pull up next to the Challenger.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:36 PM

Default RE: Challenger Commercial ?

No commercials on TV, not even when they sponsored a NASCAR race and billed it as the "Dodge Challenger 500." Apparently, Dodge isn't advertising the Challenger much. Guess they think they don't have to, since the car is popular and there are plenty of Internet sites like this to spread the word for them.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:41 PM

Here are a couple...
http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-48430
and
http://www.webridestv.com/videos/dod...mmercial-31939

and then there was Lucky, which was nothing but a commercial
Old 09-14-2008, 03:52 PM

Have you actually seen either commercial on TV? I haven't. I've seen the one with the 70 several places on the web but never on TV. Maybe Chrysler figures the market for the Challenger isn't broad enough to pay TV rates and is just making Challenger stuff available online.

BTW: Didn't they realize the commercial with the 70 could be taken as a put-down of the new Challenger? Notice that the guy with the 70 doesn't even gun his in response to the new Challenger being revved up. Having owned a 70, I naturally side with him and take the commercial to mean that the new car isn't even worth wasting fuel in your 70 on.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:14 PM

I took it as a chill guy in his 70 Challenger who is left thinking "looks like the new kid has arrived on the block"...
Old 09-14-2008, 07:33 PM

yeah i saw the one with the Plum Crazy one the other night.. On Comcast, On Demand...
Old 09-14-2008, 08:28 PM

I'd imagine that since they're only just coming out and quantities are limited that they're waiting on advertising. It'd be kinda pointless to advertise and then when people show up to the dealer to look at one there aren't any. Or if there are they're marked up over msrp.

I bet we'll see a ton of ads in spring once production is at full steam and the camaro comes out. Plus spring is a more popular time to buy a sports car.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:01 AM

When was the last time there was a Mustang commercial, or a Subaru WRXi commercial? I think the manufactures are spending hte money on the fuel economy models, an dnot the "toy"/ 2nd car models. Just what I have noticed. Used to see Porsche, and a lot of LExus comercials, now not so much.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:58 AM

Mustang commercials on all the time....the one smoking tires in his dream by the cops givimg him the thumbs up...
and Roush Mustang commercials...I watch SPEED TV alot.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:18 AM

Out this way I don't remember the last time I saw those. I've seen tire commercials, oil cmmercials etc etc with the Hi-po cars but not manufacture specific.

Quick Reply: Challenger Commercial ?