Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Challenger interior!!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger interior!!!!

ORIGINAL: awsure

Disappointing to say the least. All the cool design discussions about capturing the trapezoidal shapes, using the cylinder heads as inspiration for the gauge cluster, metallic textures on the finish. I sincerely hope this is not the finished product. The seats look like crap! Ughhh. I truly hope this is some kind of test mule with stuff cobbled together from other cars to fill in for the true interior coming.

Sorry to sound negative but the concept is so well done...I want that!
I understand and agree.
On the flip side, I want it NOW and can compensate for shortcomings with aftermarket parts/kits once it's under my butt.
Been planning to improve my wife's Charger R/T with the "trim kit" below. I'm sure they'll offer something similar for the Challenger in a very short time. I'll endure until then.

[IMG]local://upfiles/271/A346AAA691424533A5EBA992E4431A69.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-25-2008, 01:57 PM

I guess it's on the same level as its competition at least

really it just needs that metalish material that's around the guages and shifter to be on the air vents and radio and i'll be good.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:13 PM

hahahaha i knew they'd have the lines of the interior like the originals and go with charger guages. I'm hoping they just threw a interior together for the test mules though. Doesn't make sense that the 09 rams have "high tech" guages. i realize they redisigned the entire truck but the challenger is a brand new car all together. so imo it should be treated the same
Old 01-25-2008, 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: HEMI04

hahahaha i knew they'd have the lines of the interior like the originals and go with charger guages. I'm hoping they just threw a interior together for the test mules though. Doesn't make sense that the 09 rams have "high tech" guages. i realize they redisigned the entire truck but the challenger is a brand new car all together. so imo it should be treated the same
Cerberus already stated they'd try to cut costs by using commonality in components between models. This is much cheaper to do than developing new parts for every model and every trim level within. Using common gauges/clusters or layouts across a common platform shouldn't come to anyone as a big surprise. Disappointing? Sure. Surprising? No.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:23 PM

It looks as though it was just thrown together for a test car in my opinion.

I ordered with My-GIG nav and there is no visible way that that would look right in this unofficial dash. They would have to hack it up and make it look worse than it does already.

I'm hoping it's closer to the prototype than these pictures.

Eric
Old 01-25-2008, 04:19 PM

remember guys your looking at anR/T .The SRT will certainly be provided with the special trim, hopefully, maybe, but black isn't that bad. The wood grain didn't look that bad either. My old cuda had a wood grain finish around the instrument panel.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Administrator

i hope that they offer the higher end radio with navigation and sirius..i had a 300 rental with that setup, and i love it...i dont need the navigation, but its fun to play with on long trips.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

You have to remember where those pictures were taken from and it wouldn't surprise me of those were special test cars.

For example look at those 3wires in the center console not on this thread but on the other that showed the orange push/twist button.

That is not going be in that car. I am suggesting these pictures of cars not yet finished yet.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:51 PM

well fingers crossed it's not the final say in the interior. i don't remember if i heard on this site or on a different one but the leaked photos of the camaro's interior are supposdely not the same as the ones that will hit the dealership. eh, we'll find out soon enough
Old 02-05-2008, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator

Just like many people said before, we do not know yet if this is the finished product, nor do we really know what trim level this is. If my eyes are not mistaking me, I don't think the shot that shows the edge of the seat is even leather, so this looks like it is a pretty basic version. There will be special trim packages. I'm sure that SIRIUS and a navigation system will be offered as well. Also remember to judge this car for what it is and not what it isn't. It is a muscle car not a luxury car.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: Challenger interior!!!!