Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Challenger to the Mustang

Old 12-13-2007, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger to the Mustang

ORIGINAL: Albeeno

I'm a fellow Marketing major as well.. I got my BS degree in 1996, but never got in to the "marketing" field, per se. Now I'm a Financial Recruiter / Headhunter and I find Accountants jobs. Looking back on things, I could have just taken the easy way out and majored in Management or General Business and still would have been able to do what I do now. Next to Accounting, Marketing was the hardest major at our small, private business school.

Anyway, good luck with everything Chief!
Okay, I was wondering what you did, the first thing you had listed left me confused but now I get it. My aunt had a recruiting business so I know how that works. You have to deal with accountants, I'm sure that's fun. Just kidding, my father's an accountant so I know how that goes. I'm going to look at the local marketing firms as well as try a few businesses to see if they need a marketer. I took marketing as I think it is a more open field than Managment by the fact that you get pretty much all the management classes and the knowledge of marketing. In my opinion, management as a whole is something either you got or you don't so I don't see the point in taking classes in it besides what my major required.

Thank you and good luck to you as well.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-13-2007, 09:46 AM

Another Marketing Management major here. Bentley College '85. Never really worked in the marketing field. Have always had management/owner type jobs.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:58 AM

I used to work in a paper mill for K.C. made very good money. Hated my job the only thing that made me happy was my cars. I left the mill, moved to AZ, went back to being a diesel mechanic/weld working for a family owned bulk transport company and am very happy. I don't make big bucks anymore but bills are paid and my wife and I are very very happy. AND THATS ALL THAT COUNTS. When you love your job it makes the rest fall into place.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:28 PM

Meh, time will tell. Demand and the market are cousins here as ya'll well know. But, I'm just along for the ride![8D]
Old 12-14-2007, 05:29 AM

Bentley, huh? I went to Nichols College and back in my day you guys used to kill us in Football!

ORIGINAL: Mikesan

Another Marketing Management major here. Bentley College '85. Never really worked in the marketing field. Have always had management/owner type jobs.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

I've left a few jobs for other lesser paying jobs. At the end of the day I was happier with less pay. Happiness is where you find it.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:14 PM

Well said...now if I could just figure out what I want to be when I grow up...[8D]