Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Chrysler announces full Dodge Challenger lineup -- including a stick-shift

Old 03-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler announces full Dodge Challenger lineup -- including a stick-shift

Chrysler announces full Dodge Challenger lineup -- including a stick-shift

Thursday March 20, 2008

We've got lots of news coming in from the 2008 New York Auto Show. Among the juiciest: The details of the full Dodge Challenger lineup, which will bow for the 2009 model year. The best news: The Challenger SRT8, still scheduled to debut as a 2008 model with an automatic transmission, will get a stick-shift for 2009. Here's the skinny:

2009 Challenger SE: 3.5 liter V6, 250 horsepower, 4-speed automatic transmission, pricing to start "from the low $20s"

2009 Challenger R/T: 5.7 liter HEMI V8, 370 horsepower with 5-speed automatic, 375 horsepower with 6-speed manual, 0-60 in less than 6 seconds

2009 Challenger SRT8, 6.1 liter HEMI V8, 425 horsepower, 6-speed manual or 5-speed automatic, 0-60 in less than 5 seconds

I'm working like crazy to get my hands on a 2008 Challenger SRT8 to test; Chrysler is being very accomodating, but there are only so may cars to go around, and as I'm sure you can imagine, every journalist from Augusta to Anaheim wants to drive one. Hopefully we'll have a test drive before too long.

Meanwhile About.com staffer Brooklyn Bob is snapping away (photos, that is) at the New York show as I write this, and I'll have a photo gallery with the highlights posted soon. -- Aaron Gold
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Chrysler announces full Dodge Challenger lineup -- including a stick-shift

I discovered something peculiar. The Dodge Canadian web site previously had several unique ads for the 2008 Challenger (e.g., Vanishing Point). Now, the Challenger is not even being listed as a model option. It's as if the Challenger does not exist in Canada where it is made. [sm=dontgetit.gif]

See the Canadian website at:

http://www.chryslercanada.ca/selector/index.php?lang=en
Old 03-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Chrysler announces full Dodge Challenger lineup -- including a stick-shift

Dodge in general seems to be updating their website over the last few weeks. I would think it is also impacting the other countries as well.
You could get the Challenger brochure one day, then it is removed the next.

Go figure.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:34 PM

yes I noticed as well. the day before the newyork auto show you go to the challenger @ dodge and see all the pictures of 08's and (2) videos. now you have to go to the 09's to see pictures of the 09's. Those of us that has ordered an 08, feel like we have been forgotten about now that they have announced the 09's. We have been short changed a little with the introduction of the 09's before the 08's even go into production. The 08's will be premiering in May, May the what? If they can build 500 08's a week it will be 13 weeks to deliver 6400 units, So unless they start production immediately some will receive their 08's in July and maybe August. I believe 500 a week may be stretching it a little, but i have been fooled before. So the way I see it is, some will just recieve their 08 only days before the 09's hit the showrooms. Where is the reward for being the first to put down their hard earned money? So I guess just having the 08 is special in it's own right. I'm still glad have have an 08 coming. Just Venting.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:48 AM

I am not sure how many that they can make per day or week, but they also make the 300 and the charger on the same line. My grandson works in the panel department on the line and he says that when they start making cars with vins the week of April 14th, they will be working 3 weeks straight on 7 days per week.