Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Comments from Motorsports:

Old 07-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comments from Motorsports:

Comments from Motorsports:

Richard Petty and Kasey Kahne joined Chrysler executives Saturday afternoon in Daytona Beach to unveil the 2008 Dodge Challenger production car. Chrysler Group President and CEO Tom LaSorda announced that the Dodge Challenger will return to production after nearly a 35-year hiatus. It will debut as a 2008 model in calendar-year 2008. The Dodge Challenger will feature the long hood, short deck, wide stance and two-door coupe body style that distinguished the iconic Challengers of the 1970s.

TOM LASORDA (Chrysler Group President and CEO)

“We haven’t seen this kind of spontaneous, passionate response to a car since we unveiled the Dodge Viper concept in 1989. But it’s easy to see what people like about the Dodge Challenger. It’s bold, powerful and capable. It’s a modern take on one of the most iconic muscle cars and sets a new standard for pure ‘pony car’ performance.”

ERIC RIDENOUR (Chrysler Group Chief Operating Officer)

“I think this car is exactly what we intended, which was to bring modern interpretation of a classic vehicle. I think it does all of that, and it’ll be very much a success. Right now we plan to keep the Challenger on the street, but there will be lots of other different venues, so we’ll see how the interest is gauged. The Challenger is part of our image, our DNA, our core. It plays right into what we wanted.”

RICHARD PETTY (Owner Petty Enterprises)

“Even though it’s a completely different car you put them side by side and you see a resemblance enough on it. If you were a ‘70s Challenger fan, you can look at it and see the new Challenger in it. Looks like Dodge has done a good job with it. Kasey wasn’t even born yet when they made the old Challenger, but I’m sure he’ll enjoy driving the new one.”

KASEY KAHNE (No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger Featuring the Ask Dr. Z Paint Scheme)

“The car looks great. It really resembles the older one, and I think it’s an awesome looking car. I got to drive out the old Challenger with Richard Petty, and that was pretty cool. I wish I could have driven it a little further. Maybe The King could have given me a few pointers. That was the first time I had ever driven a Challenger, and I think it’s a neat concept.”

Old 07-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Comments from Motorsports:

I agree. They have been working on their performance image for a long time. The Challenger is going to do a lot to build their credibility. However, I think they need to work on the upcoming Avenger to make sure they are class leading. If you have inconsistent devotion to some of their other cars will not only damage their image but will cost them sales to GM, Nissan, and Toyota.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts