Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Design Awards For Saab And Alfa Romeo

Old 02-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Design Awards For Saab And Alfa Romeo

Well I may have had some ancestory form the UK but it certainly doesn't mean I agree with them.

(Wed 07 Feb 07)

Online publication Car Design News has announced the two winners in its Car Design of the Year 2006 competition.

There are two winners because there are two categories. One is for concept cars revealed for the first time at a motor show in 2006, and that award went to the Saab Aero X (above), which was created by British designer Alex Daniels.

"With its classic sports car proportions, innovative detailing, and dramatic single piece canopy that seduced so many at its Geneva debut last March, the Aero X is the ultimate concept car of 2006," says Car Design News Editorial Director Brett Paterson.

It wasn't a close-run thing. Of the cars eligible for the award, the Aero X was voted as number one by more than half of the website's readers. Second and third places went to the Citroen C-Metisse (shown at Paris) and the Mazda Nagare (shown at Los Angeles). In the private battle between the two American muscle cars shown at Detroit 2006, the Chevrolet Camaro whupped the Dodge Challenger's ass.

The battle for best production car announced in 2006 was harder fought. 73% of readers voted the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione as one of their top three, with the Audi R8 close behind on 71%. Next up - but quite a long way back - was the Ferrari 599 GTB on 47%.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Design Awards For Saab And Alfa Romeo

The European outlets have no taste. Think about it, if they Europeans understood American cars, DCX would be #1 in the US. Also, the UK hasn't been very successful in recent years either. Ford owns a lot of their brands, that should tell you something. And for the record, I'm 10% English.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts