Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Dodge Challeger wins Chryster Design Excellence Award

Old 01-12-2009, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Challeger wins Chryster Design Excellence Award

Looks like a very nice honor.

January 9, 2009

Classic Design Concepts, a leader in the aftermarket auto performance parts industry, was recently presented with the coveted Chrysler Design Excellence award for the company's new GROUP 2 package for the 2008 Dodge Challenger, which debuted at the November 2008 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.

The award is given by the Chrysler design team to innovative Chrysler-based products at the SEMA show. CDC was the only company to receive the award at SEMA from the Detroit-based manufacturer for its work on the 2008 Dodge Challenger model.

“The Challenger is a great platform for enthusiasts to create a truly remarkable ride,” said Classic Design Concepts president George Huisman. “We're honored that our design was singled out among the many other Challengers that were showcased this year during the show. The Chrysler award represents our commitment and expertise in building OEM quality vehicles. Based on our MOPAR experience, I'm confident this package will give Challenger fans an opportunity to customize their cars that will be equally at home on the track as they will be at a national car show.”

Classic Design Concepts' GROUP 2 Challenger showcases the new packages created by the muscle car company, which includes a wide body conversion that is inspired by the legendary GROUP II of SCCA Trans Am racing. Under the hood there is a 6.1-liter HEMI with a Vortech supercharger, which increases the engine's output to over 550 hp. The package includes a fully functional shaker hood, state-of-the-art lightweight front fenders and billboard rear quarter flairs. This allows the Challenger to accommodate the 20 by 10 inch front and 20 by 12 inch custom wheels with 275 and 315 series Pirelli Tires. Underneath, a KW coilover suspension keeps the car glued to the ground.

The Chrysler Design Award is given to Dodge car or truck models and Jeep vehicles that have been modified in outstanding ways. It is also awarded to new products applied specifically to Dodge car, truck or Jeep vehicles. The Classic Design Concepts Challenger Wide Body Kit won the Chrysler Design Award based on its total concept appearance, appropriateness and perceived market value. There are a total of six awards presented each year, with only three per category to create exclusivity.
“Classic Design Concepts' wide body Challenger is truly an amazing design,” noted Mr. Mark Allen, chief designer for Chrysler's Jeep / Dodge Truck Studios. “Their kit fit all the criteria we outlined for this award and stopped us in our tracks as we were searching the SEMA Show for cool Dodge vehicles. The Challenger makes a strong visual statement that is well thought out and enhances an already cool design. You don't see this level of time and effort by many aftermarket manufacturers, which is why Classic Design Concepts took this coveted award home.”

“It's rewarding to take be able to take a great OEM design and make it even more aggressive without going over the top,” added David Hakim, director of marketing and sales at CDC. “The attention our Challenger attracted at SEMA, in addition to Chrysler's award, reaffirmed that the visionaries at CDC design quality muscle cars. MOPAR enthusiasts are traditionally a purist group and to receive their blessing for our GROUP 2 package speaks volumes about our capabilities. Since SEMA, we've had a significant increase in requests for our Challenger.”

For more information about the CDC GROUP 2 Challenger visit www.classicdesignconcepts.com.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:11 PM

Default RE: Dodge Challeger wins Chryster Design Excellence Award

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Looks like a very nice honor.

January 9, 2009

Too bad they don't know how to spell Chrysler.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

They don't know how to spell Challenger either. Did you notice?
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:12 AM

Good eye, Jeremiah. I was so caught up on "Chrystler" That I totally missed "Challeger."