Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Dodge Challenger Sold Out - Auto Shows

Old 01-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Challenger Sold Out - Auto Shows

http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshow...-sold-out.html
Dodge Challenger Sold Out - Auto Shows

Chrysler looking into boosting production to meet demand for the muscle car.
BY ALISA PRIDDLE, January 2008

The Dodge Challenger SRT8 hasn’t made its public debut yet, but the performance version of the muscle car already is sold out for 2008, says Jim Press, Chrysler president and the man in charge of sales and marketing.

The Challenger was first shown as a concept at the 2006 North American International Auto Show, and the production model is to be unveiled in February at the 2008 Chicago auto show. Style-wise, it doesn’t stray much from the concept.

Chrysler is kicking off sales by offering only the SRT8 performance model for the 2008 model year. It has a with a 6.1-liter Hemi V-8 pumping out 425 horsepower and 420 pound-feet of torque, and is available in black, silver, or Hemi Orange, with signature dual Dodge hood stripes in carbon fiber.

Click here to find out more!

The production plan called for only 5500 Challenger SRT8s to be built, each with a numbered dash plaque. In an interview at the 2008 Detroit auto show, Press says orders number more than 9000 for the car that doesn’t go on sale until this spring, starting at $40,158 (a figure that includes a $2163 gas-guzzler charge). Of course, with demand almost double supply, we’ve already seen dealers asking $15,000 or so above sticker on EBay.

The automaker is looking to boost production at the Brampton, Ontario, plant where the Challenger will be built, with an announcement expected soon. Ironically, as part of cost-cutting and downsizing efforts, the third shift at the Brampton plant will be eliminated by March, resulting in about 1100 layoffs.

The base and R/T Challengers go on sale as 2009 models. They will make their public debut in March at the New York auto show.

Press says the automaker is looking into selling some of the limited-edition SRT8s as ’09s, to appease customers on the waiting list.
what kind of magic management voo doo is that? Either they were grossly over employeed or they have found a business panacea in increasing production while reducing work force...interesting...

Old 01-26-2008, 02:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dodge Challenger Sold Out - Auto Shows

The Challenger will debut in both the Chicago AND the Philadelphia Auto Shows on February 6!!
See:

http://www.phillyautoshow.com/feature.asp[sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Old 01-26-2008, 06:14 PM

This is getting to be too much to bear.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

This is getting to be too much to bear.
Ten days, and we'll have all of the pictures we can handle.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Ten days, and we'll have all of the pictures we can handle.

After 2 years, it's about time!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11
After 2 years, it's about time!
Amen to THAT!

While I hate the thought of the Magnum getting canned, one upside is that it should free up some space on the assembly line, so maybe that'll boost production numbers if demand gets stronger. Hopefully Dodge will soon start some "special edition" models, like maybe a solid white "Vanishing Point" edition.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:05 AM

This forum will get really fun when we start posting pictures of our personal Challengers. We'll have a blast debating mods versus stock, the gearheads will squeeze every last horse they can, and I am gonna roll in it like a pig in mud!

[8D]
Old 01-27-2008, 08:06 AM

This is going to be the longest week of my life!!! I plan to post a pic of my new Challenger (with me in it, whipping donuts in a parking lot)
Old 01-28-2008, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Who's prognosticating on the days lapsing before the first emergence of a viral video posted on youtube of the first archived stock Chally vs. Chally 1/4 mile?

Old 01-28-2008, 08:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is going to be interesting to see how this forum will evolve after the first 2008 Challengers hit the streets.

I guess it will be similar to chargerforums.com where everyone talks about "mods," "kills," 1/4 mile times, etc. I am really looking forward to it.

Quick Reply: Dodge Challenger Sold Out - Auto Shows