Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Dodge offers sneak peak of new production Challenger

Old 12-08-2007, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge offers sneak peak of new production Challenger

December 8, 2007

Dodge offers sneak peak of new production Challenger

by Auto123.com,

Dodge has expanded on their SRT lineup with a nostalgic new muscle car. Since accepting pre-orders this past Monday, response to the re-incarnated Dodge Challenger SRT8 has been astounding. In the first day alone, well over 4,000 deposits rolled in for the new muscle coupe with the current total at writing sitting at over 6,000.

"This is unprecedented," said Mark Mallie, the Dodge Challenger Brand Manager. "Customers were actually coming to us and pushing us, so we thought this was a good time to take pre-sale orders."

The orders come in long before enthusiasts have even seen the production car. Chrysler says that the new Challenger SRT8 will be available in black, silver or HEMI orange- with more than half the orders selecting the latter color. Challenger SRT8 comes with a 6.1 litre engine, top-notch braking and handling, and a race-inspired interior.

Though the official production vehicle has yet to be seen, the folks at Dodge have released some teaser photos of the new car showing some interesting design cues. These include a chrome fuel-filler cap, a chrome-ringed grille appliqué, rectangular-tipped exhaust.

The Challenger SRT8 will be officially unveiled at the Chicago Auto Show next February.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:56 AM

Default RE: Dodge offers sneak peak of new production Challenger

nice to see the cross grill was scratched!!! kinda odd they don't show the tail lights which last i heard were changed (crappy pictures showed it) and the b pillar was added. I'm kinda worried that there are no hood pics.. can one of the changes be that they got rid of the butterflies??? i think the interior will have the original lines (hood, center counsel) but it won't be futuristic looking like the concept. probably the chargers cluster and what not!? there was a brochure floating around and it showed all 3 colors lined up but it looked like someone photoshopped the colors on the concept vehicle. kinda looks like they made the inner headlight look like the ralleye rims. can't really tell but it looks like they stayed with HID's
Old 12-10-2007, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator

I heard a while back they were definitely dropping the butterflies. Of course if they do, as with the shaker hood, an aftermarket vendor will provide us what we need!

Old 12-10-2007, 09:29 AM

Well if they stay with inner lights like on consept car the inner light got there insperation from a revolver (pistel) cylender chamber. I found out watching a video from the designers just as the gauge pods came from top of cylinder head.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:39 AM

It'll be interesting to see if the gascap is a on all models or just the SRT-8
Old 12-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, I get your point. Ford uses that as a quick distinguishing mark of the higher end models right? (GT faux gas cap in the back?)

Old 12-10-2007, 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

I heard a while back they were definitely dropping the butterflies. Of course if they do, as with the shaker hood, an aftermarket vendor will provide us what we need!
haha so if they don't come on it expect to pay about a grand for butterflies or a shaker... aftermarket shakers suck so bad. way to many bends. imo you're paying for looks. saleen released a shaker ram air/supercharger. the description makes it sound like it's designed like the originals and the air goes straight into the intake with no bends. That would be awesome for the challenger!!! eh, the waiting/wishing game continues till feb i guess.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

Yeah, I get your point. Ford uses that as a quick distinguishing mark of the higher end models right? (GT faux gas cap in the back?)
Exactly, but I think they could have it on all models, The Mini Cooper S has it. If not do you think a conversion kit will be available? This guy did his on the mini cooper

http://homepage.mac.com/rv6a/minisgascap.html

Old 12-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

I'm surprised they decided to drop the crosshair grille like that. I honestly like it either way though.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-12-2007, 04:07 AM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

I'm surprised they decided to drop the crosshair grille like that. I honestly like it either way though.
i'm actually glad they did! they put it on EVERYTHING they make, it seems. it's not like people are buying the vehicles because of it...

Quick Reply: Dodge offers sneak peak of new production Challenger