Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

First 2008 Dodge Challenger delivered!

Old 06-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First 2008 Dodge Challenger delivered!

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6252047/...red/index.html

I'm going back to Cali, Cali, Cali...I'm going back to Cali...nah....I don't think so.....OR maybe there's something as interesting as a "swimsuit small" and a girl who "liked(s) the ocean!"

Publisher's Blog: First 2008 Dodge Challenger delivered!
Posted Today 09:07 AM by motortrend_online
Filed under: Editorial, Dodge

It was the first 2008 Challenger SRT8 delivered in California...or so I thought. But as Mark Sellz, VP General Manager of Big Valley Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Van Nuys reminded me... it was the first 2008 Challenger delivered in the WORLD!

Picture this: A warm sunny Southern California afternoon on Van Nuys Blvd (aka, the Valley)... For everyone with gasoline in their blood, back in the 1960s and 1970s Van Nuys Blvd was THE place to cruise. It was the place to show your car and (some will argue) the birthplace of the muscle car generation. So it's only fitting that the first 2008 Challenger landed in the showroom of a Chrysler Jeep Dodge dealership right on Van Nuys Blvd. The 2008 Challenger announces the arrival of muscle, power, heritage and looks...at a time when most are concerned about the cost of a fill-up.

2008 Dodge Challenger delivery

Making my way off Ventura Blvd onto Van Nuys Blvd, I arrive at Big Valley Chrysler Jeep Dodge and I'm immediately greeted by Mark and our Chrysler/Dodge friends from Detroit -- Mike, Howard, Scott and Jodi. They welcome me along with Hot Rod/Car Craft's Warren Kosikov into the showroom of the dealership to see the very new (and earlier mentioned) 2008 Black 6.1 Liter SRT Hemi V8 Limited Edition

The delivery of the first 2008 Challenger SRT8 to its new owner is a news story. As I make my way past the Brent's Deli sandwiches brought in for the guests (remember, this is the valley), I can't help but attempt to gaze at the powerful muscle car, sitting quietly waiting for its new owner to unleash the power of the Hemi. It's sometimes hard to get a peek with all the LAPD around to provide security for the new owner who will be making his way to the dealership shortly.
Jay Leno

The 2008 Challenger is stunning. Salesmen in the showroom are snapping cell phone photos and emailing them around quicker than most social networks ever dreamed of. At the same time, senior Chrysler executives are ecstatic with the presentation and attention the 2008 Challenger is receiving.

Suddenly, almost on cue, the new owner arrives. As he drives up in his vintage Challenger with the rumble of the 426 Hemi underneath, you can hear him approach moments before you actually see him. Then in a blink of an eye, it's out of the old Challenger, into the showroom to sign papers and quickly into the new Challenger.

Then, the new owner turns the key. What follows excites the gathered guests... fuel, air, spark and ignition generate a powerful sound from the 6.1 liter. It screams Van Nuys Blvd. But first, it must carefully exit the enclosed showroom floor. The new owner navigates the car out. As he squeezes through the double-doors, everyone holds their breath as the clearance is tight. But without hesitation, the owner makes his way through the doors with ease. It's a walk around outside, some photo opportunities and time to talk with the guests at the dealership. Everyone appreciates real car guys and without a doubt, this new owner is one.

It's a news story, it's the first 2008 Challenger delivered and the owner is Jay Leno, a real car guy.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:58 AM

Default RE: First 2008 Dodge Challenger delivered!

So Jay arrives in a Classic Challenger. Apparently by himself. So how's he going to get both cars home? Drive one a couple of blocks, park it, walk back and get the other. Drive that one a couple of blocks past the first one, park it, walk back ...?
Old 06-03-2008, 12:08 PM

Nort sure if you guys have ever seen this site or not, but it's pretty cool:
www.jaylenosgarage.com
Old 06-03-2008, 01:21 PM

does anyone else see the irony in this? At Barrett-Jackson, Jay Leno was the celebrity that had plenty of good things to say about the new Corvette ZR1 but wasnt around when the Challenger was auctioned.... hmmm...
Old 06-03-2008, 01:54 PM

Tupperware,

You nailed it, indeed a whole lot of bs. Now everyone can see why the vin #'s are not in order. Like I said in earlier post it's the american way.

This is also why the status of our vehicles regresses back, someone with a little more power is squealing a little harder and dodge is greasing them down. It's a shame but you vcan't blame them it's dodge that allows it.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

So Jay arrives in a Classic Challenger. Apparently by himself. So how's he going to get both cars home? Drive one a couple of blocks, park it, walk back and get the other. Drive that one a couple of blocks past the first one, park it, walk back ...?
You're talking about a man with more resources than that....a man of Mr. Leno's station can afford tow ropes!

Old 06-03-2008, 02:22 PM

So good ole' Jay is the first person to get one...

I wonder if he'll ever become a member of this site?
Old 06-03-2008, 02:39 PM

Images from the linked page...

Old 06-03-2008, 02:48 PM

More pics of the Leno delivery provided by RedLetterDodge.COM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dodgechallenger1/2547872405/
Old 06-03-2008, 04:57 PM

Could be a lot worse... could be someone like... oh, I dunno... Ralph Nader maybe?

Quick Reply: First 2008 Dodge Challenger delivered!