Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Challenger News (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/)
-   -   I know this is the equivalent of National Enquirer to real news but real articles have been scarce (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/i-know-equivalent-national-enquirer-real-news-but-real-articles-have-been-scarce-1133/)

joeyr 03-03-2007 07:37 PM

I know this is the equivalent of National Enquirer to real news but real articles have been scarce

Here is what on allpar, so please take it with a grain (or a gram) of salt. They posted colorful stories before but with this one being the latest

An initial production run of a few thousand Challenger R/T models has reportedly already been pre-sold to dealers and, by dealers, to customers, with pricing of over $50,000 per vehicle; but Chrysler is considering using the MDS HEMI, a 3.5- or 4.0-liter V-6, and all-wheel drive as well. Those high-priced Challengers may well be equipped with a package similar to the SRT models - or better than the SRT.

RLSH700 03-05-2007 09:41 AM

RE: I know this is the equivalent of National Enquirer to real news but real articles have been scarce

It will be interesting none the less to see how much truth there is to this story. Based on that program they had last year, I'll bet that the 5.7L models will be around $30K. I bet those models have at least the 6.1L if not better.

awsure 03-05-2007 11:37 AM

RE: I know this is the equivalent of National Enquirer to real news but real articles have been scar

I take Allpar posts with a bag of Rock salt. [8D]

For what it's worth...my brother in law (Marketing Director for Chapman group in SW AZ) says no presold vehicles and no orders by dealership from manufacturer yet to his knowledge. He said they do not have definitive information yet on what will get released. He's a pretty straight shooter and they are not a small dealership group.

davecpa 03-22-2007 11:20 PM

RE: I know this is the equivalent of National Enquirer to real news but real articles have been scar

i am by no means a professional when it comes to what cars should cost... but i know to compete with the camaro, mustang, bmw, and other higher horsepower cars the price is going to have to be competiitve... and if it is priced right..... i am sure there will be many "a" challengers on the road in the future. I just hope they have the production capacity to fill demand.

1 Bad Mirada 03-23-2007 09:50 AM

the way i see it..if people had already paid for a challenger, we would have heard about it, from one of them...

05Daytona 03-31-2007 05:56 PM

I just took in enough sodium to last me the rest of my life. I called my local dealer today(the largest from Dallas to Pheonix) and put my name on the list. He said that as of right now there were no pre-order Challengers, but if that is the case they can have their little 6's, gimme the big HEMI.