Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

I know this is the equivalent of National Enquirer to real news but real articles have been scarce

Old 03-03-2007, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know this is the equivalent of National Enquirer to real news but real articles have been scarce

Here is what on allpar, so please take it with a grain (or a gram) of salt. They posted colorful stories before but with this one being the latest

An initial production run of a few thousand Challenger R/T models has reportedly already been pre-sold to dealers and, by dealers, to customers, with pricing of over $50,000 per vehicle; but Chrysler is considering using the MDS HEMI, a 3.5- or 4.0-liter V-6, and all-wheel drive as well. Those high-priced Challengers may well be equipped with a package similar to the SRT models - or better than the SRT.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: I know this is the equivalent of National Enquirer to real news but real articles have been scarce

It will be interesting none the less to see how much truth there is to this story. Based on that program they had last year, I'll bet that the 5.7L models will be around $30K. I bet those models have at least the 6.1L if not better.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-05-2007, 11:37 AM

Default RE: I know this is the equivalent of National Enquirer to real news but real articles have been scar

I take Allpar posts with a bag of Rock salt. [8D]

For what it's worth...my brother in law (Marketing Director for Chapman group in SW AZ) says no presold vehicles and no orders by dealership from manufacturer yet to his knowledge. He said they do not have definitive information yet on what will get released. He's a pretty straight shooter and they are not a small dealership group.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:20 PM

Default RE: I know this is the equivalent of National Enquirer to real news but real articles have been scar

i am by no means a professional when it comes to what cars should cost... but i know to compete with the camaro, mustang, bmw, and other higher horsepower cars the price is going to have to be competiitve... and if it is priced right..... i am sure there will be many "a" challengers on the road in the future. I just hope they have the production capacity to fill demand.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:50 AM
Administrator

the way i see it..if people had already paid for a challenger, we would have heard about it, from one of them...
Old 03-31-2007, 05:56 PM

I just took in enough sodium to last me the rest of my life. I called my local dealer today(the largest from Dallas to Pheonix) and put my name on the list. He said that as of right now there were no pre-order Challengers, but if that is the case they can have their little 6's, gimme the big HEMI.