Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

How Have You Been Marking Time?

Old 12-26-2007, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How Have You Been Marking Time?

I was wondering how many of you have been marking time until you will be buying your Challenger?

Besides being on this forum (and 3 others), I have been researching the following for the past year:

*Security systems.
*The best car covers.
*How to professionally detail a car.
*Dealer Charger SRT inventories.
*The best oil.
*6.1 Hemi issues (e.g., defective antifreeze).
*Performance mods.

For Christmas, I received a complete Meguiars car care kit, an alarmed steering wheel lock ("The Wrap"), a Grit Guard wash kit, and a Challenger key chain! (Now all I need is a $40,000 key).

As soon as the 2008s start hitting the street, I will be following up on road tests from Car & Driver, Motor Trend, etc.

By next December or January, I will be in great position to order my SRT.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How Have You Been Marking Time?

If I'm to get a Challenger, it's likely going to be in 2010, so getting worked up over it now is a bit silly. Have plenty of bills to pay off before adding a C to the stable. Focusing on that first so I can enjoy the C when I do get it. I'm happy to check this site out a few times a week to see what's new. I also go to a couple of Mustang and Camaro sites. Love all the new retro American muscle.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:19 AM

Well we have trip to WI in July and Aug. we have had truck for year (the trade in). I am keeping a open mind and keeping up on potental oppions between now and Aug. Due to years with car shows and a very close freind that works for "Motion Products in WI." and car care all the preveasly mentioned I know already so now it is basicaly up to what Dodge has to offer in Aug.
our calander for 08 is a muscle car one and geuss what the car for Aug. is? yep a 70 R/T convertable Challenger in Sublime. Won't be to hard to deal with this calander
Old 12-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

We have also talked about Meguiers before:

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/fb.asp?m=11874

I use the NXT version (as I am a big fan of Polymer) and I can get it a Walmart the cheapest:

http://www.meguiars.com/?liquid-car-...ation-Tech-Wax

I do not plan to use a car cover as I will keep it indoors.

I have actually picked up a few books on detailing at Barnes and Noble that are good. I did pick up some good pointers.

We currently use Royal Purple for a synthetic oil but I have been told Amsoil is good also.

I have seen one Challenger key chain with the bold lettering it looks cool. It may be the one you have also.

I love electronics which includes audio/video/security. Until I see the Challenger system, I cannot suggest a security system but I know
the satellite systems that can track your car and turn it off is certainly a good possibility. You just have to pay a monthly fee for that service.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:37 PM

Besides the Meguiars videos, Adams Polishes has a great series on detailing a car. Granted they are trying to sell their products, but most of the techniques will work using comparable cleaners and waxes. See: http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-Videos_DVD5_1.aspx
Old 12-27-2007, 06:43 AM

well car covers can be more bad than good, unless you get one with the Kimberly-Clark breathable lineing and then make sure the car is very clean when you put it on or it will scrach the car as you put it on and off or just from moving on car. I love McQuires also used it on all my show cars. Just never use anything with teflon in it or if you ever have to have any touch up work done they have to strip a lot bigger area off and right down to metal to get rid of teflon so the paint will stick and not bouble down the road.
As far as oil. Moble 1 used to have the best plate streath don't know how it stands with Royal Purple, and don't know if they make one for dodge but Wix used to make the best oil filter, most filter fiber and serface area, partical removel vrs. flow. Frame uses a plastic check valve and some times the mold seam alowes oil to drain back to block making a dry cold start. also most of there filters have paper end caps and I have known several cars the paper desolved and got into the oil chambers and plugged them up causeing the engine to burn up. Air filters- K&N hands down. Not trying to upset any one these are studies found by a privet party that spends his own time cutting open filters on a lath and testing oil and postes his findings on the web for people. If anyone asks me I will see if I can track the site down again.
This info was also backed by Dave J. a freind of mine that works at Motion Products in WI. For the people that never heard of them they restore and rebuild 1 of a kind cars that value in millions and do the Peeble Beach car show. If the car has a value of less than $100,000.00 they won't even touch it.
But these are my findings and oppionon and from my research you may fine something else out if you find something better please let me know.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:22 AM

Here is the web site for the oil filter study:

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters.html
Old 12-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

I remember that oil filter study but forgot where it was.

Thanks for the link.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:55 AM

Thats the one I seen and with other info I got and knowing wix fits mopar personaly i will be using wix. but thats my oppinion.