View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 06:43 AM
Rich Knapp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How Have You Been Marking Time?

well car covers can be more bad than good, unless you get one with the Kimberly-Clark breathable lineing and then make sure the car is very clean when you put it on or it will scrach the car as you put it on and off or just from moving on car. I love McQuires also used it on all my show cars. Just never use anything with teflon in it or if you ever have to have any touch up work done they have to strip a lot bigger area off and right down to metal to get rid of teflon so the paint will stick and not bouble down the road.
As far as oil. Moble 1 used to have the best plate streath don't know how it stands with Royal Purple, and don't know if they make one for dodge but Wix used to make the best oil filter, most filter fiber and serface area, partical removel vrs. flow. Frame uses a plastic check valve and some times the mold seam alowes oil to drain back to block making a dry cold start. also most of there filters have paper end caps and I have known several cars the paper desolved and got into the oil chambers and plugged them up causeing the engine to burn up. Air filters- K&N hands down. Not trying to upset any one these are studies found by a privet party that spends his own time cutting open filters on a lath and testing oil and postes his findings on the web for people. If anyone asks me I will see if I can track the site down again.
This info was also backed by Dave J. a freind of mine that works at Motion Products in WI. For the people that never heard of them they restore and rebuild 1 of a kind cars that value in millions and do the Peeble Beach car show. If the car has a value of less than $100,000.00 they won't even touch it.
But these are my findings and oppionon and from my research you may fine something else out if you find something better please let me know.