Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Mopar machinations

Old 08-27-2007, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar machinations

Mopar machinations

Chrysler rolls out hybrids - including a Hemi hybrid

THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
Sunday, August 26, 2007
By James M. Miller

Chrysler will offer hybrid versions of the Chrysler Aspen and Dodge Durango for 2008, and yes, they'll have a Hemi.

Other new vehicles from Chrysler include a new Sebring convertible, the revived Dodge Challenger and the new midsize Avenger.

The hybrid Aspen and Durango will use low- and high-speed electric continuously variable transmission modes, and can be powered by the electric motors, the gasoline engine, or both.

When more power is needed, the gas engine automatically starts. The engine also uses Chrysler's multi-displacement system, which lets the engine run in four-cylinder mode when the full power of the V-8 is not needed.

Chrysler says the hybrid versions will see 25 percent better mileage than standard editions.

Chrysler's redesigned Sebring convertible has three available tops - cloth and vinyl soft-tops, and a folding hardtop.

The base engine is a 2.4-liter four-cylinder, and optional engines are a 2.7-liter flexible fuel V-6 and a 3.5-liter V-6 with a new six-speed automatic transmission.

New versions of the Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Caravan minivans will be out this fall. They'll offer a six-speed transaxle and three aluminum V-6 engines - a 4-liter rated at 251 horsepower, a 3.8-liter rated at 197 horsepower and a 3.3 flex-fuel model rated at 175 horsepower.

Dodge is introducing a new midsize car, the Avenger, and is reviving one of its legendary muscle cars, the Challenger.

The new Challenger will make its debut at the Chicago Auto Show in February. You can bet it'll have a Hemi. It'll be a coupe, with the same basic style of the original - including a long hood, short deck and open-wheel wells.

The Avenger will be available with all-wheel drive, combined with tuned sport suspension, performance steering, stability control and traction control. It has three engine options - the standard 2.4-liter four-cylinder, a flex-fuel 2.7-liter V-6 that can burn any mix of ethanol and gasoline up to E85, and an available 3.5-liter V-6.

Dakota has been restyled for 2008, and is getting a new optional 4.7-liter V-8 engine rated at 290 horsepower. Dodge says the new engine, which has two spark plugs per cylinder, delivers better economy and more torque than the previous version.

The standard engine in the Dakota is a 3.7-liter V-6 rated at 210 horsepower; transmission options include a six-speed manual and five-speed automatic.

Jeep's Liberty is all new for 2008, and has an optional "Sky Slider" full-open top, from just behind of the windshield to the back of the cabin.

The Liberty comes with a full-time four-wheel-drive system or a part-time system, a 3.7-liter V-6 engine rated at 210 horsepower and a six-speed manual or four-speed automatic.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.