Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Mopar Nationals continue to grow

Old 08-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Nationals continue to grow

According to this article we may see some changes when they show the Challenger Concept. Cool!

Mopar Nationals continue to grow

By JOSH HACHAT/Sports Writer
Originally published August 8, 2007

HEBRON — Since returning to National Trail Raceway in 1998, the Mopar Nationals have been a resounding success each year.

Little by little, however, the event has grown seemingly bigger to now epic proportions.

NTR sales and marketing manager Mike Fornataro also had the perfect story to illustrate why.

“I know a guy that’s always built Chevy hotrods. After Mopar last year, he said he’s going to build something for that next year,” Fornataro said.

Whatever’s in the air during the four-day show certainly is contagious. The 27th annual Mopar Nationals, the largest Mopar show in the world, starts at 9 a.m. today with a swap meet. Spectators can pay $25 to search for rare parts in the popular meet.

Friday through Sunday, gates open at 8 a.m., with racing taking place all day.

Fornataro credits the public’s response to the weekend as the reason for its continued growth.

“The event being here has made it exciting for people,” Fornataro said. “If someone puts together a Mopar, it’s a place to come out and be a participant in some big events. It’s great. It’s a special event.”

It’s also loaded with plenty of activities. Nearly 3,000 cars, 1,200 swap spaces and 400 commercial manufactures are expected this weekend with plenty to offer racing enthusiasts to car show fanatics.

The swap meet has always been a big draw mostly because of the rarity of an abundance of Mopar parts.

The Dodge Raminator monster trucks won’t return this year, but time-trial racing in several different categories — including a special Viper class and a four-stick class as a tribute to Ronnie Sox — will run all weekend.

“There’s a lot of pure race cars here,” Fornataro said. “It’s car after car after car of muscle racing. You just don’t get to see that too often.

“They’re expensive now and rarely driven like race cars anymore. So, you get to see an expensive car driven like it was meant to be.”

The burnout contest right in front of the staging lights takes place Friday and Saturday, with crowd reaction determining advancement.

The Mopar SuperCruise ends the day Saturday. Hundreds of cars will pass down Ohio 79 in front of thousands of onlookers. No band will play — Jazzfest at Indian Mound Mall will provide that entertainment — but Saturday evening always has been about the cars anyway.

“The community is truly into it,” Fornataro said. “Word got out about it, and it (provides) such great access.”

Sunday includes the annual parade of the car show winners. The theme car for the 27th year will be the Plymouth Belvedere/Satellite/GTX Tribute.

Also on hand will be the Dodge Challenger concept car. It was on display last year — to the delight of massive crowds — and returns with slight modifications for a car nearing its release date.

“It’s a really fun weekend,” Fornataro said. “There’s a lot going on, but it’s a lot of fun.”

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:03 AM

Default RE: Mopar Nationals continue to grow

Which newspaper published the article?
Old 08-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

The Adovocate- Newark, Ohio
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Also on hand will be the Dodge Challenger concept car. It was on display last year — to the delight of massive crowds — and returns with slight modifications for a car nearing its release date.

So is who is going to this, so you can take pictures and show us the slight modifications they will display?
Old 08-09-2007, 06:09 PM

Its this weekend correct? If so i will prob go down on Sunday and i will be all over it with pictures.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

Great!

See if you can take the pictures of what is different about this car and it supposed "slight modifications".

Look at the interior if you can also.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:21 PM

I will get some shots of the interior, we can do some photo comparison.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:12 PM

Anyone want a certain shot of the car?
Old 08-11-2007, 03:18 PM

Just take pictures m every angle you can...
Old 08-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

That is the best thing because sometimes when you see her, you get excited and forget about what you are supposed to take.

Like Paladin06 suggested, take every angle inside and out and we will all analyze them afterwards.

Have fun!

Quick Reply: Mopar Nationals continue to grow