Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

New Challenger Badge?

Old 09-22-2006, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Challenger Badge?

So your saying that the performance divisions will make special versions of the car just for the show?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-22-2006, 11:02 PM
Administrator

yeah...they are show cars...i have an example..gimme a few minutes to find it

check that, i found it..this is the mopar performance caliber rallye..i believe that it debuted at NAIAS last year...i saw it at NAIAS

[IMG]local://upfiles/4/7657C88CA249460E8C3AB0C7FA9796CC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4/6B3FC1680FC14F65890CC87A50DDF32F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4/18EDF1128803403EBAA6E03286E9D882.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4/DA2F793EF238430FA7ED590D11AB48B5.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

Besides the extra body cladding, what would the difference be between it and a normal Caliber with the same engine.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

In trying to find a definition of SS or SuperSport, here is probably as good as any that we could guess they may do on the Challenger:

"The Super Sport package has typically included high-performance tires, heavy-duty suspension, and increased power, along with a variety of other performance and appearance upgrades."

That being said, I could see something like a rear spoiler, racing cap, and hood pins as possibilities.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Besides the extra body cladding, what would the difference be between it and a normal Caliber with the same engine.
i honestly do not know...this car was shown at SEMA well before the actual car was out...someone at DF posted it way back...

as for the Super Sport part, i would be truly amazed to see Dodge, or any other DCX model, carry the SS suffix. SuperSport has always been a general motors "thing".
Old 09-24-2006, 10:08 AM

As with everything in the rhumor mill, you have to wonder about the accuracy and reliability of the source and the information.

Latest "word" is that the "SS" stands for "Super Stock", not Super Sport. The "source" says the "Super Stock" will have a bigger motor (somewhere in the neighborhood of 500+HP) and wear a hood scoop in place of the original concept's integrated "flaps".

Personally, I'm having a hard time getting past the "SS" moniker. While I could believe the SRT team would be working on something to meet or exceed the HP anticipated in the drivetrain packages the Camaro is supposed to be offered with (or even future Mustangs for that fact), I'm having trouble swallowing the new "Super Stock" badge when there are so many other "retro" badges they could use instead.

I guess we'll see when the reports and pictures come out of the SEMA show in a few weeks (and that doesn't even mean the car that's shown there will ever go into production, either).

Things that make ya go "Hmmmm......" .
Old 09-24-2006, 03:12 PM

I'd rather see DCX bring the Barracuda logo back for a limited production, high horsepower version of the Challenger. I know Plymouth is dead but what the heck. Toss out the SS monicker and revive the Cuda...that'd be cool.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, I also saw the reference to the Super Stock moniker in another forum. Did you by chance see it in a news article.

If so by all means, please post it. Based on the Super Stock having a bigger motor and having a hood scoop, I am not sure
there is a difference between the definition of Super Stock and Super Sport for purposes of the new Challenger.

"The Super Sport package has typically included high-performance tires, heavy-duty suspension, and increased power, along with a variety of other performance and appearance upgrades."
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:07 PM

The info came from another forum, so it's based on unconfirmed rhumors (as far as I know).
Old 09-25-2006, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

In trying to find a definition of SS or SuperSport, here is probably as good as any that we could guess they may do on the Challenger:

That being said, I could see something like a rear spoiler, racing cap, and hood pins as possibilities.
That is the current role of the SRT versions. I just think it is nothing other than a few wild rumors and nothing more.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: New Challenger Badge?