Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

New Challenger Interior Pics - Not Good

Old 02-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Challenger Interior Pics - Not Good

ORIGINAL: DK challenger

No, I would never leave dodge. (no offense to Jeremiah)
No offense taken.

Good to hear. Dodge is where it is at.

You never know the 2009 may look better.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:53 PM

With all due respect I do not think we are whining & if we roll over every time an American mfg. makes a concept we like and does not deliver on production they should hear about from us....the buyers.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:58 PM

I am with you brother. I for one am headed no where else but to the Dodge dealership to get my Challenger later in the year. While yes it might be a little disappointing from what the concept presented, it's certainly not awful. Again, I'll wait until tomorrow to see the real deal, but then again I am not changing things at this point.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:49 PM

A little disappointed they missed the design elements and uniqueness of the prototype.

Are we sure this is the 08 production interior? What will the 09 manual trans interior look like?

I'm glad there nothing near as crappy as those test car interior pics shown weeks ago.

The interior is much different that the 70's version, but then again so is technology, fit, finish and price.

The interior is functional. I think its an appropriate interior for a $35k RT or base model. For an $42k+ SRT I think it should have some more uniqueness - like the performance gauge.

I still love the car, since I'm hooked on the e-body styling and couldn't build a cool new technology reliable car like this for 42k

THE STEERING WHEEL HAS TO GO!!!

Eric
Old 02-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: awsure

With all due respect I do not think we are whining & if we roll over every time an American mfg. makes a concept we like and does not deliver on production they should hear about from us....the buyers.

Please don't be defensive, it is a term I use when people are not happy about the situation.

Well maybe if we complain enough, they will make a 4 door Charger.........NOT!

Bottom line: If you do not like it, then change to your liking.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:38 PM

I think part of the reason the production Challenger looks so similar to the concept is because of this forum. They listened.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:39 PM

I agree about the steering wheel at least.. but hey, till I see it in person I'm going to hold off on alot of judgements.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:53 PM
mac

Agree, wait until tomorrow to make sure that is the interior. Will have to sit in one and drive it before I purchase, so will make the decision based on the handling and how I fit in the car. Hate to pay 35,000 for a car I don't like but it looks cool. If I am really disappointed in the handling characteristics and the seats cause my back to hurt, and dislike the interior fit and finish, will buy a used 3 series hard top convert. However I bet the car will be just fine. Just got to get rid of that ugly steering wheel.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:29 PM

Let us hope the Mopar gods can correct this mistake by the time they start building the 2009 RT with the Pistol grip 6 speed and 6.1 Hemi. I Like the Concept Cockpit, who the heck let their mom redesign the SRT8 interior??
Old 02-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: cncpt2prod!

I think part of the reason the production Challenger looks so similar to the concept is because of this forum. They listened.

When the Concept Challenger came out this forum was created almost immediately and even a year later we were a fraction of what we are today. This Challenger went to countless shows around the country and went to many weekend auto get togethers around the country and got a lot of feedback. By the time, this forum got to a decent size this past summer most of the decisions on the Challenger had already been made.

As an example you joined in July 2007 and that is about the time this forum really started to grow and I still see you as one of the newer ones.

Before then we were a much smaller group.

Sure this forum certainly had an input but not as large as you claim it to be.

Quick Reply: New Challenger Interior Pics - Not Good