Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Saleen's SMS creates packages for 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T

Old 05-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saleen's SMS creates packages for 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T

http://wot.motortrend.com/6247400/tu...r-t/index.html

OH BOY! Here they come (42 versions of Challengers)

SMS 570 Challenger
Saleen's SMS creates packages for 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T

Zadash
Posted Today 09:54 AM by Zach Gale
Category: Tuners, Dodge

With SMS, Steve Saleen is switching up from Fords and moving on to producing special packages for the 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T.

The Orange County, Calif.-based company is rolling out two packages for the Challenger called the SMS 570 Challenger and SMS 570X Challenger. Both vehicles are based on the 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T, which puts out 375 horsepower before Saleen's SMS gets to it. Along with various upgrades to the drivetrain, suspension, aerodynamics, tires, wheels, and interior, SMS 570 Challengers get power upgrades featuring from 500 to over 700 horsepower.

Every limited edition SMS is signed by Saleen, and, of course, is sprinkled with unique badges and graphics. As a complement to SMS 570 Challengers or Saleen Mustangs, we might even see the S5S Raptor Concept from this year's New York Auto Show. The "mean and green" concept, which runs on E85, is powered by a 650-horsepower Saleen 5.0-liter V-8 which supposedly gets the concept from 0-60 mph in 3.2 seconds.

With Saleen's own S302 Extreme motivated by 620 horsepower, we wonder what Saleen has in store for the 2010 Mustang to compete with... SMS and other tuners. Should the new Camaro be next on the SMS list?
)

Old 05-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Saleen's SMS creates packages for 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T

Very nice, but his prices may put them out of my reach.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

I'm sure there unreachable for me, but I am also sure there are mopar enthusiasts with more resources than myself who have to have an R/T, SRT and an extra crispy for good measure!

Old 05-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

I'm glad that Saleen is doing business with more than just Ford. This sounds like it will be one sweet machine, though I'm sure I will never be able to afford one.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 05-13-2008, 12:46 AM

guess this was already posted that is why mine was deleted
Old 05-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Not as expensive as I thought it would be. But the price it not out yet.

Steve Saleen's SMS 570 and 570X Challengers Revving Up for Year-End Debut

Date posted: 05-13-2008

ORANGE COUNTY, California — When Steve Saleen's street-legal SMS 570 Challenger and 570X Challenger arrive at the end of 2008, they will carry sticker prices ranging from an anticipated $55,000 to $80,000.

The SMS 570 Challenger will be based on the 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T and use the existing R/T engine. The uplevel SMS 570X Challenger will use the block of Chrysler's 5.7-liter Hemi engine. But, says SMS spokesman Axel E. Catton, "Everything else is new, including the differential." The cars will be equipped with an SMS Supercharged 5.7-liter Hemi. Catton says the supercharger holds a "Saleen patent." More details about the supercharger are expected this summer. SMS said in a statement that the modified engine will deliver "respective power ratings from 500 to over 700 horsepower."

Saleen's new company, SMS (which stands for Steve Mark Saleen), issued an image of the SMS 570 Challenger on Monday. More images will be released over the summer. Catton said Saleen will not be able to get his hands on the 2009 Dodge Challenger R/Ts until September or October, thus making a late 2008 launch a distinct possibility.

Steve Saleen left Saleen Inc. in May 2007. His new company, SMS, will develop and produce performance versions of Dodges, Chevrolets and Fords, as well as supercars. SMS in a separate deal delivers technical support for CHAMCO, the U.S. importer of Chinese vehicles. SMS is said to be CHAMCO's technical arm.

What this means to you: When you combine Steve Saleen and Dodge Challenger you get the pairing of two powerhouse automotive icons. — Anita Lienert, Correspondent
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

That is pretty reasonable compared to the GT500KR for what you would be getting. Sounds like it will be nice and out of my price range unfortunately.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 05-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

If you see a Rousch Mustang, you would say that is really fast car. If you see a Saleen Challenger, you would say don't even mess with that car. You gonna get hurt.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

If you see a Rousch Mustang, you would say that is really fast car. If you see a Saleen Challenger, you would say don't even mess with that car. You gonna get hurt.
LOL! For the sake of comparing from the same company, what about a Saleen Mustang to a Saleen Challenger?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 05-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

That would be an interesting comparison but I think we will have to wait on that one until it is really done and we can really run them.

Quick Reply: Saleen's SMS creates packages for 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T