Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Sam Posey Teams up with Group 5 to build the "Posey G5 Challenger"

Old 04-22-2008, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sam Posey Teams up with Group 5 to build the "Posey G5 Challenger"

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 22, 2008

Mesa AZ – Race car driver Sam Posey #77 of the Trans Am racing heritage teams up to build the “G5 Posey Challenger” 2008 SEMA show car. Transforming a 2008 Dodge SRT8 Challenger into a modern day Trans Am car is no easy task. Group Five Limited and its team of in house and contracted designers have set out to develop a unique vehicle to intrigue the automotive world in a styling project called the” G5 Posey Challenger ” Currently involved in the transformation of the G5 Posey Challenger include: Chrysler Corporation, Sam Posey on behalf of the Parkinson’s Foundation, Arizona Speed and Marine, John McBride of MiniteOcatane.com rendering artist and vehicle designer, and Evercoat Adhesives have teamed up for this 2008 SEMA project car. Initially styled with a Trans Am road racing theme, the car will promote the new SRT8 Challenger, the Trans Am racing history; and will benefit a non profit organization. Using style, flare, and pure horsepower the “G5 Posey Challenger” will be an eye catching Psycho-Sublime Green and black that will actually perform as well as it looks. Developed with true Trans Am inspired styling cues and a combination of suspension, performance and body modifications this car will set the benchmark for a new generation of Dodge Challenger race-inspired cars. The highlight of the G5 Posey Challenger tour will be at the 2008 SEMA show in Las Vegas Nevada Nov. 4th thru Nov. 7th 2008 (www.sema.org) at which Group Five Limited will display the G5 Posey Challenger in its booth space.
For more information, please contact Chris Wilkins at 480.610.1840, or visit www.G5Challenger.com GROUP FIVE LIMITED is an Arizona Licensed New Vehicle Manufacture with an in house design studio. Group Five is known for OEM SEMA image vehicles on both GM and Chrysler platforms. Established in 1988, Group Five has holding both stateside and abroad with over 200 shareholders. Group Five can quickly multi task several phases of development in virtually any automotive aftermarket product. Utilizing our design team and key contractors, products are transferred from sketch to production in short lead times. Group Five has directly been involved with Dodge since 1996 thru its subsidiary, Viper Car Parts (www.vipercarparts.com) a leader in the Dodge Viper Parts industry purchasing and servicing customers worldwide. Past G5 SEMA cars can be seen at www.SemaShowCars.com

Old 04-22-2008, 11:06 AM

Default RE: Sam Posey Teams up with Group 5 to build the "Posey G5 Challenger"

These guys are right in my backyard. As soon as I get my car I will be going to see them.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Sweet! This will be interesting.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-24-2008, 04:32 PM

I am going to contact them as well. I have a sneaking suspicion they might be able to help me with something.

[8D]
Old 04-24-2008, 09:17 PM

Very nice, I also like the g5 and the roadster, If they can do something like that with the base model......it would be a dream come true for me. Its nice seeing g5 and hxc and hopefully others coming up with aftermarket accessories.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

I will have to see what mods they have to offer. That green car is a little busy for me.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:55 PM

Heall yeah.
Just gimme that and I'm done.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:06 AM

Hey guys,

I can post pics on a new thread of a G5 T/A Challenger with our mods and no decals - even in another color? What color would you guys like to see - I'll swap in the G5/R wheels?

John
Old 04-28-2008, 08:10 AM

Plum Crazy!!!

ORIGINAL: JohnnyGMachine

Hey guys,

I can post pics on a new thread of a G5 T/A Challenger with our mods and no decals - even in another color? What color would you guys like to see - I'll swap in the G5/R wheels?

John
Old 04-28-2008, 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: JohnnyGMachine

Hey guys,

John
Aside from plum crazy (as paladin already asked for it)

Panther Pink
Top Banana yellow
Catch me copper
B5 blue
Alpine White
Dark Green

Quick Reply: Sam Posey Teams up with Group 5 to build the "Posey G5 Challenger"